No announcement yet.

Spacers for 1960 Scottish 24tcs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the original enquiry was for spacers on a TCS, which has a different beam to the TA, the drawings you have added are incorrect, so I suggest you take those down, too, so as not to mislead and confuse people.
    Last edited by IanCordes; 21/01/2023, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Hi Bernie,
      Apologies for above comments
      When I first picked up my TCS, Members were so helpful, even not being a Club Member, I was supplied by Andrew King, from memory, the drawings and measurements to make up needed spacers. I had a look but cannot find the details supplied, as many years ago now. Other members were happy to send me parts need to complete my Greeves Project.
      I will look at my TCS later and see if I can get some of those measurements needed.

whitehillbillies
      ​​​​​​​
      Attached Files

Comment

Bernie. Apologies for the club hanging it's dirty washing out in public! The point really is that there is a massive archive of information available within the club, but it needs the club, and therefore members, within which to maintain it and administrate it properly. If it is made available to non club members, no-one will bother join the club, so the club will fold, and what happens to the archive then? With no club and no forum, it will be lost for good, then no-one gets the benefit.

If you have joined the club, but your forum status has not yet been upgraded from Basic to Member, you will be upgraded shortly. Then, the whole archive; and many more benefits of membership, including full access to the members only area; will be readily available to you. This is normal practice in any similar club.

Meanwhile, to assist in your original enquiry, the front spacers on the drawings recently posted are for a TA. The TC is different, so where the TA ones are shown as 2x 25/64" ID x 3/4" OD x 9/16" long, the TC ones are the same section, but 1/4" long. The rear ones are the same.

One other point; as your bike was previously fitted with a Triumph motor, you may or may not be able to convert those engine plates back to take the Villiers 32A engine, which I am assuming is the purpose of the exercise? If so, you will also need the relevant engine plate drawings, readily available through the proper channels once your membership is upgraded.

I hope this helps? It will be good to hear of your progress with the project.

Regards

Ian C.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyed27 View Post
          How dose one contact Andy Barnett? There appears to be no contact information other than a general form in 'Contact'.
          Hi Tony,
          I've passed on your request (on 19th Jan) for upgrade to Ian Thornton, our webmaster, and hope that he will be able to update you to 'Member' status very shortly!
          Ian has a full time job, and is often away working in Europe, so please be patient...
          Best regards, Andy Barnett

PS For anyone else that needs to contact me about membership of the GRA, please use: subs@greeves-riders.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post

Hi Tony,
            I've passed on your request (on 19th Jan) for upgrade to Ian Thornton, our webmaster, and hope that he will be able to update you to 'Member' status very shortly!
            Ian has a full time job, and is often away working in Europe, so please be patient...
            Best regards, Andy Barnett

PS For anyone else that needs to contact me about membership of the GRA, please use: subs@greeves-riders.org.uk
            Ta muchly.

Comment

Brian if it helps my 1960 scottish has spacer and half nut inside the swinging arm total distance on brake side is around 26 mm and chain side 16 mm.i also had problems with wheel alignment turned out the swing arm arm were slightly bent so worth checking

Comment

Working...
              X