Help identifying model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying model

I have recently brought a frame that has been converted to take a BSA engine and would like a little bit of help with some information on it.

The frame number is 24mx327, I am assuming this is a 1965-66 challenger frame.

What forks would it have left the factory with leading link or telescopic?
    What hubs would it have had and what would be the best ones to have on it now?

Thanks for you help and yes this is probably going to be a bit of a long term project

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1067.jpeg
Views:	195
Size:	365.8 KB
ID:	92395
    Attached Files

Your bike is a 1964 Greeves 24MX1 Challenger and would have has leading link forks, and British Hub Co alloy hubs (as per attached pics). I have the bike on my Greeves Survivors Register as follows: Robert Bartholmew, Surrey frame only modified for BSA engine for sale 9/22 at Kempton. Sold to Ian Povey, Gravesend I assume you are Ian Povey. Third pic shows the bike at Kempton last month, looks like you have some work to do.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 06/10/2022, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your help and knowledge John, it is appreciated.

I brought the frame at Kempton last month and am starting to collect the parts to rebuild it.

Comment

I have a MX1 bottom end with crank and conrod also what I believe to be a challenger barrel and head if you are interested you can PM me or call on 07948434776
        Richard

Comment

Thanks Richard. I am planning to put a BSA engine in it as the frame has been modified to take one

Comment

Originally posted by ianp View Post
            Thanks Richard. I am planning to put a BSA engine in it as the frame has been modified to take one
            Beware if you are planning to put the bike on the road the DVLA will issue a Q plate (see previous post on this subject). https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/fo...-are-important if you want to do it, fit a Villiers engine get it authenticated by GRA than change engine after you have a V5c just telling DBLA the capacity (if its changed)

Comment

Working...
            X