Greeves 'Marque of Distinction' in November TCM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
    I do wonder if perhaps the old bike press is running out of things to write about.
    I am certain they are Colin, its a desktop 'roadtesting'
    Mortons are making use of their archives to produce cheap articles to fill the mag. Its sad that quality journalists like Richard Rothential have to now sit at home and produce articles based on archive material.
    Having said that I must say that Pete Kelly has breathed some life into OBM, the Greeves feature (that you helped him) with was good.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post

I do wonder if perhaps the old bike press is running out of things to write about.

I think so too. As I have all the back copies since I subscribed to it in the '90's, 'Motorcycle Sport' back to the '60's, all copies of 'Classic Motorcycle Legends' (remember that one?), and 'Real Classic' from #1 until Morton's took it over and it went downhill; it has occurred to me to cancel my TCM subscription and start reading what I have from the beginning. It will probably see me out, and save a few bob into the bargain!

Comment

Sadly, Morton's have a near monopoly over the classic motorcycling press and the classic show scene. They have shrewdly bought-up or obtained the photographic, and published archives of the older weekly press.
        We have witnessed many good classic titles fail so the possibility of any more seems unlikely.

Morton's have switched some of their titles to subscription only in order to control costs.

Not much room to complain if we keep supporting them.

Comment

Working...
        X