Battlesbridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeV View Post
    Unfortunately John it was not me you where talking to about batteries, unless there is another MikeV about, that is.

MikeV
    The guy who I was speeking to about batteries was in his late 60's early 70's with a beard & glasses. said his name was Mike Clarke, I did speak to 'sprocket' who's name also happens to be Clarke (Rob) It would have been a good idea if we had worn name tags. It looks like you and me passed like ships in the night.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 07/07/2015, 08:43 AM. Reason: confirmed as Mike Clarke

Comment

Yes, riding is more fun than sitting around and I saw Kim leading a race, err, sorry, demonstration run on the QUB for quite a few laps!

I agree John, labels are a good idea, I had mine but it was on my Greeves shirt which I wasn't wearing because I had my scrambles jersey on.

I'm sure you still had your evacuee label on that coat you were wearing though!

More Battlesbridge news - Druid was unrecognisable because he has started to have a haircut and was wearing a different coat. Must be hiding from the taxman! I lost count of the people who asked me if he was there!!

Comment

Demonstration run sounds like a race to me

Comment

Battlesbridge

John.
          It sounds like you were talking to Mike Clarke.

Rob.
          The lightweight coat was because of the recent heatwave - and it rained. That won't happen again, I'll stick with the heavyweight hi vis job with autojumble pockets.
          I haven't started to have a haircut it's just that more has fallen out.

Nice to see that lots of you made it across the border to Essex.

Druid

Comment

Originally posted by druid View Post
            John.
            It sounds like you were talking to Mike Clarke.
            .Druid
            Yes John it was Mike

Comment

Battlesbridge

Hi John.

The description nearly fits but I don't have a beard!!!

MikeV

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                I'm sure you still had your evacuee label on that coat you were wearing though!
                Rob, I assume you are referring to my Hi Viz jacket, did they have those in WW2?
                Seriously I would not ride any distance on the road today without one, bad enough as it is with the idiots on the road who dont see motor bikes.

Comment

John, yes but it's not general knowledge due to the Official Secrets Act. They were issued to the more troublesome evacuees by those nice ladies in the WI!

Glad you've still got yours!!

Comment

Chaps.

Things have come a long way since WWII Rob....! Even the Harley dudes are getting in on the action these days.

Check out these handsome reversable leather chaps, chaps!

I may not have a Harley, but it doesn't stop me wearing them at the disco every chance I get. They certainly seem to get me noticed alright....they even saw me coming before I bought them!

Bit off-topic, I know.....

Soz.

bRiAn.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 07/07/2015, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                      Rob, I assume you are referring to my Hi Viz jacket, did they have those in WW2?
                      Seriously I would not ride any distance on the road today without one, bad enough as it is with the idiots on the road who dont see motor bikes.
                      John, was that your East Coaster in the Marquee?
                      Its just that my disabled son, who normally shows no interest in motorbikes, took a bit of a shine to it. He jumped out of his wheelchair and attempted to mount the bike! It took 3 of us to calm him down, and soon after we made a speedy retreat back to the car. I didn't recognise the bearded chap who was in the Marquee at the time, but I apologise for the distress and commotion caused by my son. You can't make this stuff up!

Cheers,
                      Andrew

Comment

Yes it was my East Coaster, I did not recall your son trying to mount the bike so I was probably not there at the time so did not see you. The bearded guy was almost certainly member Mike Clarke as he was in the marquee for quite a while while it was raining.

Comment

Nice one there Twanger, so that's how how they protect there Brains ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
                            John, was that your East Coaster in the Marquee?
                            Its just that my disabled son, who normally shows no interest in motorbikes, took a bit of a shine to it. He jumped out of his wheelchair and attempted to mount the bike! It took 3 of us to calm him down, and soon after we made a speedy retreat back to the car. I didn't recognise the bearded chap who was in the Marquee at the time, but I apologise for the distress and commotion caused by my son. You can't make this stuff up!

Cheers,
                            Andrew
                            I liked your son; especially his enthusiastic handshake and apology after he'd calmed down a bit. Had it been my bike he'd have been welcome to sit on it. I daresay John wouldn't have minded, but he wasn't there and I couldn't assume that.
                            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Mike Clarke used to be a GRA member, I first met him years ago. He and Andrew King live in the same part of the world and go auto jumbling together. Nice bloke.
                              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Mike has also played a big part in getting Andrew re-infected with the Greeves bug! A few years ago, it seemed that Andrew was slipping away but the turning point was buying a MDS frame at Netley. I believe he also bought a complete Scottish at the AGM.

Now, at Battlesbridge, he bought an unmachined Challenger crankcase half. I reminded him, tongue in cheek, that we had the machining drawings. He said that would not be necessary as he was going to hang it on the wall as a replacement for a Picasso he no longer liked!

That proves there is no escape!

It was a good day but it is hard to both spend time in the marquee and ride. It was a good job Dick's grasser had no petrol in it as he would have probably ridden that IN the marquee!

It was good to see your son Andy and I would liked to have spent more time with him. He was no trouble at all and if we can ever help or encourage an interest, please feel free to bring him along.

Comment

Working...
                                X