Battlesbridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlesbridge

Just a last reminder to nudge anyone that had forgot that Sunday is the Battlesbridge Show, plus Autojumble, and the Dave Harper Parade scamper for the off roaders, and Roadster parade.

Hope the weather will stay fine see you there Dicky

We could do with a downpour first thing in the morning to lay the inevitable dust.

Sorry campers..!
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Unless something else crops up (Been an interesting week!) I hope to attend and take a few pics. I will be driving my new, not quite Moorland Blue vehicle on it's first visit to a Pre-65 event. No doubt it will be a different colour afterwards!

Comment

Should be a good day in the very heartland of Greeves. Come on all you Greeves owners. I know John Wakefield has been trying to persuade road riders in his part of the world to make the trip.

Remember, it is a day for everyone, road and off-road (although facililities for Silverstone owners are somewhat limited!)

Don't worry about the dust Colin, Dick's incredible bladder will sort that out as he will never make it to the Tardis in time!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
          We could do with a downpour first thing in the morning to lay the inevitable dust.
          Started raining at 9.00am. Went on for about an hour and a half. The track condition went from slippery to just right. And NO DUST! Actually turned out to be a pretty good day

Sadly the rain kept many jumblers and punters away. We had just four bikes in the marquee - and one of those was a DoT!

Just shows you have to be careful what you wish for....
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Here's Chairman Rob at play on his Hawkstone...
            Attached Files
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Battlesbridge

Hi Colin,

Your time piece must be giving you a different reading to mine, as I arrived at 11.30 and had to do a reconocence of the show with my umbrella up!!
              But, when the rain stopped and the sun came out, it was an enjoyable day.
              Swopped some stories with various members and was even told by one that he remembers seeing me dissappear down Love Lane, off of Rayleigh High street, on my Essex Twin, probably on my home from work.
              I must see if I can find a picture of that bike.
              Terry at TDS came up with some more parts for the Pathfinder, mainly accessories.
              All in all, a good day.

Mike.

Comment

Battlesbridge

The rain start certainly put a damper on the show, with attendance very low, but when I started out from near Cambridge at 8.45 on my 25DC East Coaster the sun was out & it looked like being a nice day, however as I approached Dunmow the rain started & got worse the further I got towards Battlesbridge. As I foolishly did not take wet weather gear I got soaked. The bike never missed a beat though. By 2pm the sun was out again & I started to dry out. Made a move for home at around 3.30 & had an enjoyable ride home including a stop at White Waltham to visit a friend who had just completed a full restoration on a 1950 Bedford OB coach, that really made up for the bad start to the day. Got home at 5.45 in the dry.
                Think I met most people Rob, Dick, Colin, Druid, Andrew King, Tony Weedon, 'Sprocket' & Dave Pink of course who apparently had a good day on his autojumble stall. Also Mike Clarke (I assume that's you MikeV) who was talking to me about batteries.
                Last edited by John Wakefield; 06/07/2015, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Yes Mike, you're quite right, it did go on longer than I said. It's an age thing.

I was in the marquee, so busy chatting that the time flew by - and then suddenly the rain had stopped...
                  Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
                    Here's Chairman Rob at play on his Hawkstone...
                    Looks great! I am going to try to make it to our own Greeves days here in California next year. Get that outside elbow up Rob

Comment

I'm not a proper scrambler John, I just have to do it to set an example whilst Mr Sparrow, by his own admission, hides in the tent!

The poor old bike comes out once a year and this time it started first kick with year-old fuel still in it and ran faultlessly all day!

I preferred the track when it was wet as it looked a bit less painful to slide off on. Once the rain had stopped and I was shamed into getting the bike out of the van, I had a great time. Thanks for providing the evidence Colin, good job John couldn't see my limp wrist on the other side!

Comment

Sorry I never made it, but I woke up feeling a bit under the weather. I took one look at the Met forecast and decided to duck out. Hopefull I will be at the Northampton Club's event this weekend.

Comment

Good fun for the Scramblers at Battlesbridge despite the rain

Looks pretty good form to me Rob - for a once a year Scrambler.....main thing is you were having fun as were the many pre-65 and Greeves scramblers.......I had some good runs out and mini races on the QUB and then some "trials with the MDS - which having cured the overheating issue with new plug and airlifter - ran well and then decided to play up.....\Patrick Bathgate kindly lent me his QUB Mk2 which went well ..rear suspension in particular handling the twisty track ..Thanks Patrick !!

Big thanks to Dave Harper and his crew for setting up the course and organising the whole Pre 65 demo - which ran without incident (assuming you don't count Dave "Goldfish" Watson attempting a block pass on me into the first turn ....from the outside line !!.....Matt V where has this ever happened before
                          Cheers Kim

Comment

Battlesbridge

Unfortunately John it was not me you where talking to about batteries, unless there is another MikeV about, that is.

MikeV

Comment

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! Hey Rob at least you're out there riding not sitting around watching the others having fun. I can't talk I haven't ever raced a vintage mxer yet so i could look like a complete fool when I do

Comment

Working...
                              X