No announcement yet.

Mortimer 100 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Adrian and Higgo ... Thx for the reminder I will get my entry off in the post ... Are we doing Greves and Mortimer. I think Ian Cox is also up for it . Are u I. With us Adrian or are u getting a separate team together ?

Comment

Chaps - how many teams have we got and who is riding? Thinking back to last year, we needed quite a few helpers and I may have another GRA member and his wife who may be able to assist. I would get the Hawkie out but the AMCA licence is a bit dear for just the one meeting.

Just realised how the event is creeping up!

Comment

Mortimer 100 Miler.

Hi Chaps, thanks for your replies. From past threads I'd assumed other teams had already been put together . We are indeed trying to resurrect Hawkstone Heroes again after last years absence. At present three of us are committed and, providing his Hawkstone is ready in time, we are hoping that Mike Eustace will join us to make it a full complement. In which case our team will be:-

Adrian Dickerson - Hawkstone
        Brian Sawers - Griffon or Triumph
        Tom Wormleighton - Griffon
        Mike Eustace - Hawkstone

Admittedly we won't all be on Hawkstones, but we are all Greeves men at heart.
        Unfortunately Dave, Evan is not able to join us this year but will no doubt be with us in spirit if nothing else.
        As you suggest it would be good to see Rob joining in on his Hawkstone as well. Another missing soul will be brother Rob who is hoping to ride the weekend before at Maylandsea, but riding consecutive weekends is just out of the question for him at present. Another absentee will be JR.

I'm entering both days, providing the weather plays ball .

Good luck with completing further teams, if I can be of any assistance then do please let me know.

In case it's of any help please see link below for entry forms.

Last edited by ADickerson; 11/04/2016, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Hi Kim, Adrian, if ian is up for it kim, then all we need is one more & thats two teams running, so i`ll get my regs off for the greeves & mortimer team.
          If anyone else, would like to have a go, there are places up for grabs, its not serious....just fun, or maybe come on down & get involved in the pit crew.......

Comment

Is it just Mortimer that do not allow day licences or is it a general rule these days? The cost is fine if you are a committed, regular rider but for a bit of a one or two off, it doesn't cost in (at least, for me).

Comment

Most clubs offer a day licence at most events, i guess mortimer have there reasons for not doing so, but yes it does seem a bit unfair for somone like yourself, who just wants an occasional ride.
              Having said that, mortimer are an old historic club, that have a big membership & good attendences at all there events, so i guess they are in a position to dictate terms.......

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                Hi Kim, Adrian, if ian is up for it kim, then all we need is one more & thats two teams running, so i`ll get my regs off for the greeves & mortimer team.
                If anyone else, would like to have a go, there are places up for grabs, its not serious....just fun, or maybe come on down & get involved in the pit crew.......
                Hi Higgo - fantastic - Ian is up for it - and we are looking for one more rider ....will confirm final Greeves and Mortimer line up in a few days . Be good to have a big turnout of all Greeves enthusiasts over the two days. We have the Greeves championship on the Sunday - as well as the british Championship what is there not to like !!! There will be a band and party in the MArquee overnight and Rob is looking to bring the GRA Hospitality wagon ...Can't wait !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                  Hi Higgo - fantastic - Ian is up for it - and we are looking for one more rider ....will confirm final Greeves and Mortimer line up in a few days . Be good to have a big turnout of all Greeves enthusiasts over the two days. We have the Greeves championship on the Sunday - as well as the british Championship what is there not to like !!! There will be a band and party in the MArquee overnight and Rob is looking to bring the GRA Hospitality wagon ...Can't wait !!!
                  Of Course Higgo - if we don't find another rider U are putting n a double shift

Comment

Sorry I won't be coming this year, I'm concentrating on my mountain biking this year, and in any case I always seem to break something at Mortimer!

Good luck chaps!

Cheers,
                    Andrew

Comment

STOP PRESS MCCOO Completes the line up of GREEVES and MORTIMER

Craig McCoo is interested in joining Team Greeves and Mortimer .......just trying to sort out some logistics ........That would make a brilliant team though - Higgo Coxy , Craig and myself ...we may not win the 100 miler but we would win the Banter (Craic ) and drinking in the beer tent hands down of course with the able assistance of the Captain and Dangerous Dick

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins
                        Now this is gonna be one hell of a laugh!....... hope you can make it craig....
                        Confirmed Craig is in TeamGreeves And Mortimer !!! And the betting is we are hot favourites to win in the Bar !!

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                          Confirmed Craig is in TeamGreeves And Mortimer !!! And the betting is we are hot favourites to win in the Bar !!
                          Oh dear oh dear oh dear,

Comment

Working...
                          X