No announcement yet.

Greeves Championship 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great stuff Kim, we've needed this for years! Thoroughly enjoyed the headcam footage and the watersplash, how easy it all looks from the comfort of the office chair!

The support crew from the moorland blue swamp has been busily preparing the hospitality suite. Dangerous somehow managed to lose a whole tube of silicon into the front windows together with a bit of nextdoor's fence for added strength. The battery is on charge and supplies about to be loaded.

Looking forward to Bennett's Hill and getting reasonably near the action and even nearer the beer tent!

Thanks again, Kim!

Comment

• Eyes down - it's round 5 Marks Tey tomorrow

After travellening 3 countries in 2 weeks - back home and sepnt some time with teh Griffon today...........plug said lean from Mortimer - so raised to the final notch on the needle jet (that is telling me something.......maybe a larger main is called for ) Bike fettled - bent rear break from the crash at Mortimer sorted ran ouof time to clean it so i just chipped some of the mortimer clay off it cleaned the filters practiced a few starts in the garden (Her indoors was of course out at the time !!... ) .........ready to rock and roll at Marks Tey tomorrow ..........should be a good meeting look forward to seeing you all there
      Cheers Kim

Comment

• Good luck tomorrow guys!

Comment

• Fast Track- full of events

Lost of thrills and spills n a very fast - and also bumpy Marks tey track....................mixed day for me when everything broke.....rode 2.5 races withouit a back break - suffered from 2 gear lever slippages - bike ran better on the bigger jets until last race (as it turned out) the inlet manifold split..had to coax it round 4 an 8th...........Matt Mcculloch had same problem - spotted it before the start taped it up missed the start but flew past me on 3rd lap.......

Big wipe out for Dave Watson with Mat Valentine in race 2.. and some choice words in the pits afterwards......the hood news is you can judge it for yourself as i caught it all on camera

Will post vids soon
          Cheers Kim

Comment

• Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
            Lost of thrills and spills n a very fast - and also bumpy Marks tey track....................mixed day for me when everything broke.....rode 2.5 races withouit a back break - suffered from 2 gear lever slippages - bike ran better on the bigger jets until last race (as it turned out) the inlet manifold split..had to coax it round 4 an 8th...........Matt Mcculloch had same problem - spotted it before the start taped it up missed the start but flew past me on 3rd lap.......

Big wipe out for Dave Watson with Mat Valentine in race 2.. and some choice words in the pits afterwards......the hood news is you can judge it for yourself as i caught it all on camera

Will post vids soon
            Cheers Kim
            Can't wait to see the vid Kim!

Comment

• Round 6 MArks tey Race 1 Helmet Cam

Hi All - here are the highlights of race 1 at Marks Tey.........very fast layout - and also challenging. God to see Gary in action and on good form on his Griffon.....as well as the Griffon Slayer up to his usual tricks

It was an exciting race for me as my rear brake pedal snapped off at the end of lap one!

Hope you enjoy
              I will post tomorrow the footage from race 2 with a riders view of Matt and Dave Watson incident
              Cheers Kim
              Greeves RIDERS Association

Comment

• Matt Valentine and Dave Watson get up close and personal

Race 2 - first points race......as MAtt and DAve had just pegged me you get a good view of their coming together .............make up your own mind on this one - at the end of the day it was a racing incident - Matt was passing on the outside line and Dave was putting on the power and drifting wide...as you do coming out of a bend ........Graeme Smith also posted some vid footage on the Greeves Motorcycle Enthusiasts facebook page - so you can see this one as the spectators viewed it as

Video, teilen, Kamerahandy, Videohandy, kostenlos, hochladen

p.s "you know you jumped the start when? ......you realise you are ahead of Dave W" sorry fellas
                Last edited by Kim275; 28/05/2015, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• MArks Tey - Greeves Race 3 first lap

Could only bear to post one lap of this one - as you can tell from the sound track big griff was sickly - over-revving and running very lean and hot .....As I went into the first bend flat out in 3rd.....when i shut off the engine ran on...so after that i ran the race in 3rd and 4th and coasted/nursed the bike home in I think 7th position. Back in the pits after the race it turned out to be a cracked rubber carb inlet manifold.....same gremlin that hit Matt McCulloch..........

Time to fix some stuff on the QUB before the East Anglian Grand NAtional at Marks Tey 14th JUne namely the Inlet manifold (done as I had a spare in the garage).........rear brake pedal (apparently not an optional extra according to scrutineering, and those damn useless BSA gear lever's that slip on the spline after your first down shift (that cost me plenty of time in race 2 ) )

p.s look at the start - our very own Michael Eustace tries a flyer but gets his timing wrong !! As the GRA International Playboy - he is forgiven

Love to hear from you guys if you are liking the footage ..........also Griffon Slayer (who was on fine form ) had a Gopro as well so hoping we get his footage published too
                  Cheers Kim
                  GRA Scrambles Rep
                  Last edited by Kim275; 28/05/2015, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• Liking the footage ...........

I'm liking it, I'm liking it, thanks Kim, but you'll have to include the closing laps if I'm to be included .............. as you all lap me!
                    Link to Race 2 doesn't work for my pc, by the way (?)
                    Last edited by johnrunnacles; 28/05/2015, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Great to see the footage Kim, have a problem opening the u tube 2nd race as all i get is 404 wont open, i am sure it was as good as the others you post.

Will i ever master these magic boxes?

Comment

• There must be an error in the address but if you go to You Tube and Search for Kim Morley, click on the folder, all of Kim's videos are there.

Great videos they are too. Keep up the good work Kim.
                        John A - 268

Comment

• Link now fixed for race 2

Thanks guys . I have fixed the link for race 2 above so it now works

Comment

• Maybe we crossed over, but I got it working by deleting the last D in the link address. Some unique lines there Kim!

Comment

• great video's to watch, trouble is after watching a couple of laps I'm sh***ed
                              Must try and make an effort to get off the sofa a bit more and get race fit before the next lot

Colin

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
                                Maybe we crossed over, but I got it working by deleting the last D in the link address. Some unique lines there Kim!
                                a lack of back brake meant I missed a lot of apexes !

Comment

Working...
                                X