No announcement yet.

Battlesbridge at risk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we're veering off towards Twangers' Corner (again). Never mind. (That was Nirvana, wasn't it?)

Anyway: as Dave H has sussed, this seems to be about permanent structures on a field in the green belt, not noise or traffic disturbance complaints.

Although of course it is possible that such complaints might have focussed the attention of the planners on the site in the first place.

If noise were the problem you would expect Environmental Health to be dealing with it, if traffic, the police or the highways authority.

A landowner can have events on land without planning permission for up to 28 days a year. Possibly all Jim needs to do is remove the permanent structures (and to be truthful, they are pretty dire) and bring in decent portable loos. And limit himself to 28 day a year of course.

I have a feeling that this last restriction is what the dispute is actually about.

I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 20/01/2015, 08:37 AM.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
      I think we're veering off towards Twangers' Corner (again). Never mind. (That was Nirvana, wasn't it?)

Anyway: as Dave H has sussed, this seems to be about permanent structures on a field in the green belt, not noise or traffic disturbance complaints.

Although of course it is possible that such complaints might have focussed the attention of the planners on the site in the first place.

If noise were the problem you would expect Environmental Health to be dealing with it, if traffic, the police or the highways authority.

A landowner can have events on land without planning permission for up to 28 days a year. Possibly all Jim needs to do is remove the permanent structures (and to be truthful, they are pretty dire) and bring in decent portable loos. And limit himself to 28 day a year of course.

I have a feeling that this last restriction is what the dispute is actually about.

I could be wrong.
      I am sure you are right here Colin, there are always 2 sides to an argument. Looks like Jim is trying to gradually update the site to full permanent showground status through the back door'. The local authorities are wary of this these days & are 'looking into back yards'. In the passed landowners could get away with this sort of thing if no one objected many farmers for example renting out barns or land for commercial use whilst still under agricultural use planning permission. I don't think there is a problem here if the field was just kept as such & only used within the 28 day period for the occasional event using temporary mobile toilets on the day.

Comment

Need to be careful how far it goes into the appeal process. It could bankrupt those who lose when the "costs" are apportioned.!

Comment

As I put in post 11 and Colin a bit later. the "permanent" toilets and lighting that seems to contravene the allowed usage under the planning regs are easy to remove and replace with temporary units, albeit at a higher rental cost. Just how this impacts on the outcome of an appeal process depends on what else the complainants find to add to the list.
          My Car Club is involved in the noise problems at Bovingdon Airfield and we have historic use going back to the 70's, and the noise problem is not with us, but with a "Drift School" that was operating daily. Once that operation morphed into a "Supercar Experience" with very reduced nose, the complaint was then about micro-light flying......at an airfield.....
          Cure one problem and the complainers will come up with something else!

Comment

Complainers are usually late comers who want to change the world. Like the people who moved into a village near Manchester Airport then complained about the noise. It was ever thus.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
              Complainers are usually late comers who want to change the world. Like the people who moved into a village near Manchester Airport then complained about the noise. It was ever thus.
              Numerous racing circuits and motocross tracks have faced closure due to the above. All it takes is one complaint!
              They should make newcomers sign a disclaimer.

The following e-petition was set up for exactly that purpose:

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
                Numerous racing circuits and motocross tracks have faced closure due to the above. All it takes is one complaint!
                They should make newcomers sign a disclaimer.

The following e-petition was set up for exactly that purpose:

https://submissions.epetitions.direc...etitions/72458
                Good for you for bringing that to our attention. I've signed.

Comment

Working...
                X