No announcement yet.

ISDT Centenary Regs now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planning your own....? how many years has the project leak trip been on the drawing board rob?.......

Comment

Poor speeling Gromit - it's Leek not leak! The latter is what happens to my dosh!

I have had a good look around Wales and the map plotting has got to the stage of all the hard bits!

The bike is coming on. Engine in bits for new bearings and a MDS top-end. Too many other projects on the go, that's the trouble plus spending a lot of time on GRA business!

Just had to fit new kitchen windows and paint the new bathroom window plus the veggie plot is under attack from assorted wildlife. Oh yes, and I've just been rearing 3 baby hedgehogs which was a time-consuming business for a while. Ah yes, and then entries secretary for the village flower show (conned again!) which caused me to miss the 100 miler. Now I've got to rip up and re-lay 30 feet of crazy paving path before someone falls in and sues me!

Also half-way through changing the gearbox and cambelt, etc on the VW T4 van (official team transport for project Leek).

Need a bigger drawing board!

Comment

Not going to spend much time tonight on this, but suffice to say that both the Kendal Club Run and the Higher profile Carlisle event went off well, both seemed to be enjoyable for the riders. Both had a mix of bikes with some actual genuine ex-ISDT bikes and a small number of actual ex-ISDT riders. One gent on a genuine 1966 Trophy Team bike was well happy at bringing his bike out for a stretch, it will be de-mucked and ridden again soon. Isn't that how it should be?

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
          4 LHK, you are of course correct Colin its on SORN (so would not have been available for the run). I have also added 3 LHK which is not listed as a works bike in Dons book. Its existance is not known.
          Peter Rose was the last "known" owner. He told me he sold it in the sixties to "someone in the Manchester area". 3 LHK is a goner, I'm afraid.
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
            Not going to spend much time tonight on this, but suffice to say that both the Kendal Club Run and the Higher profile Carlisle event went off well, both seemed to be enjoyable for the riders. Both had a mix of bikes with some actual genuine ex-ISDT bikes and a small number of actual ex-ISDT riders. One gent on a genuine 1966 Trophy Team bike was well happy at bringing his bike out for a stretch, it will be de-mucked and ridden again soon. Isn't that how it should be?
            Looking through the pics on Flickr there looked to be more modern enduro stuff than genuine classic & vintage ISDT bikes. A few Bultacos, Jawas & Suzuki PE's though. Also the riding gear & body armour looked a bit OTT for a ride on tarmac roads. I wonder what impression that made on the general public. As Rob has said more of a private-enterprise cash generator, than a club organised event.

Comment

Both rides were a complete mix of bikes, people and riding gear. Neither were exclusive to old bikes or old men! Certainly there were more older bikes on the Kendal Club's event, but only by a small margin. I'll be posting more pics on my group page as time allows.
              Taking into account the vast numbers of Greeves that were ridden in the Welsh 3 and 2 Day Trials and also in the ISDT, it was a surprise to me that not one came out on either ride.

Comment

Brian - well, there is the challenge for next time. I had better get the Project Leek bike finished!

I hope to get to the VMCC Wales weekend near Llandindrod on the 14th Sep but it will be on an Enfield if anything. Should serve as a warm up for PL!

Comment

Several of the participants over last weekend are going to the "Welsh" do. I might just see if I can squeeze in a short trip....

Comment

Working...
                  X