Pre-65 Maylandsea 23rd Sept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

south western reunion.

Hi kim, it would be great to see another greeves round over in our neck of the woods ( south west ), i don`t know why they stopped, i guess traveling costs etc.
    Stormer is scrambles sec of bath classic mcc, prehaps, he can give an assesment on the possibility, of running a round in the wessex region again.
    You are right as well about coombe martin kim, great track, great atmosphere & probably just enough elbow room for you & punchy........
    But i was so impressed with the way in which the mortimer club ran the 100 miler event, that you sort of wish other clubs would run an event of some sort, along side the main scramble, to make a two day event worth traveling for.
    Talking to other riders & interested parties, i think there is a lot of interest in that area, what do other people think?

Comment

Greeves SW Away meet

Dave,
      Michaels suggestion is good - we will have a chat with DH and see if there is support for an away fixture next year.

Mortimer definately showed the way to go with a 2 day event . I know Pre-65 occasionally and some other clubs including the Coombe Martin event do a trial on the Saturday....so maybe we should all get some Anglians or Scottish steeds ? ...( I know Scotty is into a bit of trials) ....Although we would have to explain to Punchy that he is not allowed to do the same section at the same time as me
      See you all on the 14th for the next exciting installment
      Cheers Kim

Comment

Like it Kim But have no fears my skills no where near extend to slow controlled movements and the balance required, but of course we could always get hold of 3 wheeled outfit don't you think
        Punchy 336

Comment

I've seen Punchy on Saturday evening socials at scrambles. Slow controlled movements and a sense of balance don't spring to mind.

Druid

Comment

Much appreciated & great to hear from you 'Old Peculiar', about time you joined in, didn't even get a chance to exchange our usual pleasantries Sunday did we
            Punchy 336

Comment

Originally posted by druid View Post
              I've seen Punchy on Saturday evening socials at scrambles. Slow controlled movements and a sense of balance don't spring to mind.

Druid
              Super response Druid, really enjoyed that one! Although it's not so much the "Slow controlled movements and a sense of balance" that worry me, it's more the thought of Punchy and Kim performing together on a "Bicycle for made two"! Not sure either would look particularly "neat upon the seat"!

Comment

Working...
              X