Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-65 Maylandsea 23rd Sept

Hi,
    Trying to get an entry sorted for this event - If anyone as Roy Crisp - the secs tel number can they drop me a PM or get in touch
    Cheers Kim
    Last edited by Kim275; 10/09/2012, 12:05 PM.

Try the club's mobile phone

Hi Kim,

The regs say that in the 14 days preceding the event, you can contact the secretary of the meeting (in this case Roy Crisp) via the Pre-65 Motocross Club's meeting hotline phone on 07722 489765. Give that a go.

Will be great to see you there!

Cheer, Michael
    Michael Eustace - www.classicmxrider.com

Comment

Thanks Michael - have left a voicemail on the mobile and entry in the post
      Cheers Kim

Comment

Maylandsea

Hi Kim,

Did you get sorted with an entry?
        I am entered, but can't make it now due to family commitments, so you could take my place if you can get in touch with Roy.
        Let me know either way,

Cheers,
        Andrew

Comment

Hi Andy - I sent off my entry and left a voicemail on the Mobile - but not heard back...so if any issue - I will take your place if poss......
          sorry you can't make it - cheers Kim

Comment

Hi All, looking forward to this weekend weather looks to be ideal for sunday for us intrepid riders who love riding in the wet (just like Mortimer) no doubt if it is wet & muddy should be great entertainment for any watching spectators as the Greeves circus will no doubt be displaying our many acrobatic skills be even better if any of us can get to the finish line.

I hear on the Grapevine Runnacles has been doing his Burstall rain dance again! Could there be another impromtu meeting of riders during the greeves race one wonders?

Runnacles will no doubt call us to order
            Punchy 336

Comment

You betcha, Punchy!

Doing my unraindance turned out well for Mortimer, I hear? Perhaps, I need to stay away from a few more meetings to keep the wet stuff at bay?

Can't miss Maylandsea, though, if the motorised acrobatics of last year are anything to go by.

Let it rain.................

Jonah

Comment

Enjoy your mudbath boys, you can never have enough wet mud you know!, but for our s/western scramble, at castle cary, i`ve been told of sunshine & light breeze.
                So, i guess, thats more mud then!.....
                Either way, its the last one of a very short season, so best make the most of it. have a good one. . dave.

Comment

Good to hear from you Dave pleased about the sunny forecast but hope you don't suffer from too much wind I now what its like at your age

oooh must dash have a goodun!
                  Punchy 336

Comment

You would be very welcome to come up to sunny Essex, Dave, if you would like to extend your riding season? We've got two more meetings left on our calendar, one of which includes a Greeves round. A long trip for you, I know, but some of us have done the reverse journey in the not-so-distant past, just for the sake of a few Greeves points!

Take care, anyway.

Jonah

Comment

Sorry to inform you that me and the ice water flask will be elsewhere up the A12 on Sunday. Have a good day and I'll see you at the next meeting.

Comment

Me and pops will be there, the Hawkstones are all prepped and ready to go

Hopefully the rain will hold off till later in the day

We have even dug the old 1957 20s scrambler out of the shed as a spare if we need it, the poor old thing hasn't seen daylight for 4 years, it did start briefly the other night, I will have a play with that tomorrow

See you all tomorrow.

Sorry for not returning your call punchy, I will catch up with you and your bb tomorrow

Scotty

Comment

........and guess what?.........it rained!!

Good to see you all again, though, and circulating so bravely on a treacherous surface!!

With best regards,

jonah

Comment

What Mud?

Hi All,

And did it rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The track was like ice

It turned mushier later on, it was easier to ride then

Only 14 riders lined up for the 2nd Greeves championship race of the day. (Im not surprised though)

It was nice to see Kim Morleys smiley face each lap I came round (he was marshalling) I think he must have told Mike Bell where the good line was as he kept passing me up the hill

I guess thats why its called scrambling

Scott

Comment

Scotty - slippery was an understatement.........after my spillage in practice over the third jump and serious damage to my little pinky on right hand ........and the continued downpour - I was not totally upset to Marshall the afternoon session............the only fun was trying to see who was coming out on top in the battle of the Hawkstones - where positions were changing all the time..................

Slippery is an understatement - after the racing and track dismantling I walked up the same hill you mention on side of track and stupidly tried to traverse the track to chat to your Dad......the wet surface and hard underneath clay was treacherous - so well done for all you boys who made it round!
                              Cheers Kim

Comment

Working...
                              X