No announcement yet.

Mortimer, 4th September 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My humble thanks, fellas, for the honour (?) you have bestowed upon one so undeserving (?) by dedicating the hill in my name. An appropriate location, now, perhaps, for the scattering of ashes when I enter for that Great Scramble in the Sky?

I have only one issue about the name. Shouldn't it be Runnacles DISmount?

John R

Congratulations and deepest respect, by the way, to each and every one of the 12 Greeves riders who survived Race 1 and who went out for even more abuse in the second race!

Comment

Hi every one, i only managed to finish race 1 because i was riding adrians bow wave!!, it was great fun, but the risk of injury was high, so my respect for those that used thier common sense & decided to fight the cause another day...,
      John, i don`t think sprinkling your ashes on the hill is a very good idea, i mean, someone might slip on them!!. dave.

Comment

Yep your right Andrew my hawkstone was plastered last week, and it still is
        Unfortunately the gearbox developed a nasty noise
        So the engines out at the minute, the gearbox needs 2nd/3rd/4th gears replacing, the engines main bearings are shot, oh yes and finally nearly everything on the clutch is shot aswell

Its amazing it finished the race.

I have the tall order of fixing all that lot before marks tey and the next round of the percy tawn championship.

I better get busy tonight, at least cleaning the hawkstone is easy with the engine out i might even give the exhaust a fresh coat of paint!

Then i have got to look at the rattling engine in the van.

The joys of scrambling

Scotty 151

Comment

mortimer mud fest

was a little damp I must say

well done Mortimer club for keeping the event running, would have been very easy to abandon it

i had a couple of good results so im well happy to say the least !!!

see you all in 2 weeks

PS. I got my fingers crossed for heavy rain ha ha !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
            Hi every one, i only managed to finish race 1 because i was riding adrians bow wave!!, it was great fun, but the risk of injury was high, so my respect for those that used thier common sense & decided to fight the cause another day...,
            John, i don`t think sprinkling your ashes on the hill is a very good idea, i mean, someone might slip on them!!. dave.
            I don't know Dave, in the old days before Health and Safety stopped us making slides upon the cold winter snows, some spoil sports used to cast ashes on them to stop us. So maybe John's kind offer might just make the difference between making it up Runnacles DisMount and not. I know he's a cute kiddy but I don't believe he's actually slippery. Well done all who made it around, especially if you were brave, or stupid enough to go out for the second race too. Thankfully, I knew my limitations well enough not too! I don't know about riding in my Bow wave Dave, you were well ahead of me, unless of course you were so quick that I was a lap adrift.

Comment

Adrian you left a pair of gloves and a fuel spout behind, I gave them to Ian Cox, he was parked close to us. The gloves were too small for me

Comment

Thanks stormer much appreciated . i've been turning my van and kit bag upside down trying to find them
                Brother Rob
                Punchy 336

Comment

Hi fellas just to let you know the mortimer club now have a link on their site to photo's from sunday, so if you need a bit of light relief the Greeves is race 2! I think there's even a shot of 'Runnacles Dismount' http://www.mortimerclassicmcc.co.uk/
                  Cheers Rob 336
                  Punchy 336

Comment

Cheers rob, although i must say a lot of these pics make it look a lot dryer than it was, dave.

Comment

Working...
                    X