Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer, 4th September 2011

Hi All,

For those who don't know, there is a round of the Greeves scrambles championship at Amey's Copse, near Theale, Berkshire this weekend, run by the Mortimer Classic MCC.

For those who do know, have you had any acceptance of entry yet? I haven't had anything yet.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Hi andy, i had mine at the begining of the week, but at the last mortimer, mine never arrived until two days before, best give them a call pronto. dave.

Comment

Mine arrived last Saturday, perhaps they are being sent out in, alphabetical order by surname
      John A - 268

Comment

Still have no news, so I'll just turn up and hope for the best!

Cheers,

Andrew

Comment

The conditions of todays scramble at mortimer, were the worst i have ever ridden in, relentless rain turned the soil to slurry & the lower parts of the track were under water.
          It did dry out later to a limited degree, but a lot of the good riders had already called it a day.
          I did laugh though every time i went up that HILL!!, there is a little plaque there now john, dedicated to all those who were cruelly brought down on that sunday morning....
          Many thanks to adrian & rob who i am told managed to help limit the damage to my awning, which was brought down by the rain, whilst i was riding, ( or did they pull it down )....... dave.

Comment

Sounds like it was a good job I wasn't there again, today, then, Dave? You must have had a good day, managing to circulate regardless of the conditions, and with a smile on your face, too! Pleased to hear that my previous efforts contributed to that, at least!

John R

Comment

Good to meet you Dave,hope no damage was done to your awning it was Ade who arrived just as it collapsed!
              Yes it was great conditions yesterday
              I'm afraid we decided to pack up after the first greeves race, but it was great to see others parking on 'Runnacles Mount' enjoying the views.

Was there many lined up for the 2nd greeves race?

Rob336
              Punchy 336

Comment

Hi rob, i missed out on the 2nd race as the old girl was water logged, but talking to scott, he reckoned 12 ran, steve salmon was having a good day though on the starmaker. dave

Comment

Hi All,

There were only 12 hardy Greeves riders out in race 2, only 12 finished race 1

The conditions got so bad they had to revise the course, so runaccles mount was bypast, im glad to say that i finished both races, but the challenger was like a 4 stroke with all that mud, in that when you shut the throttle the bike just stopped

Its a shame for the mortimer club that both meetings this year have turned into a swamp.

See you all in 2 weeks at Marks Tey

Scotty 151

Comment

Hi All,

I didn't go in the end - no confirmation of entry, no ticket and no response from the organiser's phone. Bit dissappointing really.
                    Sounds like it was fun!

Cheers,
                    Andrew

Comment

Hi andy, it must have some kind of mix up as i noticed your name on the signing on sheet & you are in the program. dave.

Comment

I wimped-out, having seen the weather report on Saturday! Obviously missed the 'fun' but have a clean bike ready for Marks Tey in two weeks time.
                        John A - 268

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                          Hi andy, it must have some kind of mix up as i noticed your name on the signing on sheet & you are in the program. dave.
                          Hi Dave,

The same thing nearly happened at the previous Mortimer meeting. The acceptance arrived on the Saturday before the meeting. I realise its a fair task to organise these meetings, and I have perhaps been spoilt by the superbly organised Pre-65 club, but it would be useful to have a phone number which someone might answer. The Pre-65 club have an emergency mobile phone for that purpose.

As John said, at least I have a clean bike for Mark's Tey! The weather forecast look that bad!

Cheers,
                          Andrew

Comment

Hi All,

A Clean Bike

I have a big pile off sloppy mud in the shed, i hope my challenger is in there somewhere

It looks like a all night cleaning session will be in order tonight, just think of the points

Scott 151

Comment

Originally posted by scott151 View Post
                              Hi All,

A Clean Bike

I have a big pile off sloppy mud in the shed, i hope my challenger is in there somewhere

It looks like a all night cleaning session will be in order tonight, just think of the points

Scott 151
                              Hi Scott,

The Hawkstone was pretty much plastered after your last outing at Maylandsea, so I bet you've been doing a lot of cleaning recently!!!

Cheers,
                              Andrew

Comment

Working...
                              X