No announcement yet.

High Jinks at Marks Tey 2011.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear you are OK Adrian and no major damage to the bike. There was a fair few 'milling around' trying to get past you and the other fallen riders without running over any. I suspect a few were thinking is this a Red Flag job or shall we keep going - Nah, they'll be OK lets keep going!

Scott Hayworth went past (lapped) me in the 0ver 350 race on a bumpy straight and I noticed his wheels only touched the crests of the bumps, skipping over the dips! Sounds easy but he was probably flat-out in third gear at the time!

Regards
    John A - 268

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
      What a fantastic day! Pity about your gearbox problems Kim! Hope you get the bike sorted for the next meeting.

Cheers,
      Andrew
      Hi andrew thanks for asking . Gearbox had shaken itself to bits but am in process of rebuilding ready for marks tey on 19th . A Fifth and 9 th an ok return for the day considering the circumstances cheers Kim

Comment

And thanks to rider number 13 we have a helmet cam of the second greeves race............of note as the 15 second board goes up (gate start) - nervous glances towards "ADRIANS" Bend in the distance (the sharp right) .........as they set off - you can spot #3 Ian stonebridge (White shirt green helmet) getting away well - with Ian Cox 699 and yours truly slotting in behind him - blue helmet - white shirt - with black and white kidney belt..............frist two bends sharp right followed by sharp left - were very exciting......Also - note the posts were all painted white by Terry and the crew for this event...and boy it makes a big difference to spot the corners...

Also - you can hear the NSU greeves in amongst the two smokers! later on.

Comment

Marks Tey Greeves Helmet Cam Footage.

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
          And thanks to rider number 13 we have a helmet cam of the second greeves race...........
          Great shots (and sounds) Kim! Thanks for posting the link!

Brian.

Comment

What made me think you weren't on Cerianis? I wouldn't last a lap on original forks!

Comment

Thanks for posting the link to Kayleigh's Race 20, Kim. It's particularly pleasing - it could have been my race - because I was on Kayleigh's back wheel all the way, until my chain came off just before the final bend! Funny, but it is so difficult to pass her when you're immediately behind! I remember having similar trouble with Sue Rose!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
                What made me think you weren't on Cerianis? I wouldn't last a lap on original forks!
                Brian - plenty of leading links going the distance in every Greeves race + banana's don't appear to slow Ian Stonebridge down either !! - I rode the course on my MDS in other races - and as long as you pin it and keep power on back wheel it rides the bumps really well........Adrian I am sure will testify to that !.

Comment

I must admit my mileage on LLs has been limited, but I sure felt the benefit of a pal's Ceriani equipped Challenger! My hat comes off to those that are using LLs at speed!

Comment

I must admit my mileage on LLs has been limited, but I sure felt the benefit of a pal's Ceriani equipped Challenger! My hat comes off to those that are using LLs at speed!
                    I used to use leading links at 110mph - on a Silverstone when geared for the Hanger Straight at Snetterton... They were fine.
                    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Brian,

The banana forks on my Challenger have super-plush RockShocks and have more travel than Cerianis (shhhh!). They feel totally planted over any bumps I've experienced so far, in fact much better than any non-cartridge forks I've had, eg. Cerianis, Betors, etc....

Cheers,
                      Andrew

Comment

Hi Andrew,
                        Ceriani;s are great (especially with emulators) - but I reckon banana's for our sort of tracks are pretty good too - rode Cox's 360 challenger with banana's - felt heavy but solid, planted well and held a line.....just look at how quick Ian Stonebridge is on his twin port griffon with banana's......
                        Cheers Kim

Comment

Working...
                        X