No announcement yet.

Greeves Speedo Cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a newby with a recently acquired 59 Scottish with a later 60 250 engine i am looking to refit a speedo, not fitted with cable one currently. Have bought a cheap wireless bicycle computer but don't like how it looks, will do for now. Has drive in place on rear wheel. I am looking for a period looking speedo but does not have to be the D shaped item as aware these can be expensive.
    I am aware from questions posted on the VMCC forum that calibration is crucial. Any advice what cheaper alternatives might fit.

Many thanks Peter

Comment

I have seen a bicycle model fitted into a circular speedo case with a dummy cable. Not on a Greeves, but a BSA road bike.

Comment

I might need to consider that option. Think will wait a few months and keep an eye on ebay and jumbles. Meanwhile if any of you guys come across something suitable I would appreciate keep me in mind.
        Many thanks Peter

Comment

Frankly the original Smiths speedos were far from accurate, so if you only want one for visual effects it does not have to work so any speedo will do. The 'D' shaped one though is correct for your bike. Just retain the cycle one if you are going to ride on the road, as correctly calibrated these are very accurate and will avoid you getting speeding tickets. I note you have the wireless type, these generally do not work well on motorcycles owing to the ignition system giving interference. The wired ones re not effected by this.

Comment

Working...
          X