9E Gearbox Sprocket Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IanCordes View Post
    John. That is handy to know. I have just looked on VS website and spotted them, as an aftermarket item, hence they don't show in the Villiers parts books; not mine, anyway. I may hold back on rebuilding the drive side until I get one, although mine is a roadster, so maybe doesn't need it. I imagine it would be used instead of the dished washer.

Ian
    As your sprocket (pictured) has the tapped holes for the locking screw, just fit the screw and it will be fine, maybe a dab of loctite on the screw

Comment

That is what I will probably do John, as I am sure the standard set-up works fine. There is a very small spring washer which goes under the set screw head, the same diameter as the head, which is missing from mine, so Loctite 243 would do for that. I need to change the dished washer anyway, as the manual says they are single use. I can rob the spring washer off another gearbox, but will see if VS have them. I will need a tab washer for a trials gearbox too.

Ian

Comment

I use 242, blue, for most applications.

whitehillbilly

Comment

Yes, I think Loctite have changed the numbers a bit. I have 243, blue, which must be much like your 242. I also have 270, red, which I think may now be 271. I have had them a while......

Maybe a PO used a red one on the sprocket nut; clearly not a good idea

Comment

Working...
          X