Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Greeves Tuning' - Barry Hickmott Article - Post #1 of #2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last page is online now.

Comment

Silverstone Article.

Cracking article David, and thanks for going to so much trouble posting it for us to see.

Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
        Cracking article David, and thanks for going to so much trouble posting it for us to see.

Brian.
        No problem. I found a pile of other Greeves stuff in magazines while I was looking for that magazine that I forgot I had. I ended up forgetting what I was doing and sat reading them!

David.

Comment

David, Silverstone rebuild going well, will have it ready for East Fortune if that's the first meeting. Hope to see yours there? What was the magazine issue number, or month and year? Colin

Comment

I'll look forward to that. It was British Bike May 1993.

I have some photo's of you and the bike from the East Fortune Bob McIntyre meeting. PM me your email and I'll send them to you.

Regards,
            David.

Comment

One to be going on with.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsbody View Post
                David, Silverstone rebuild going well, will have it ready for East Fortune if that's the first meeting. Hope to see yours there?
                It could be if you would like to ride It? Even parading a bike is too costly for me now. Also I don't have competition licence any more or even a set of leathers that would comply with the regs. It's not worth the effort or the expense for the few classic bike meetings we have in Scotland. It's your thing though and you enjoy getting around all the UK tracks.
                It would be good to see it on the track though. It doesn't need much done now to get it ready for the track.

Last edited by 46T Sprocket; 19/12/2014, 09:34 AM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

Big advantage of parading is no ACU licence required, production of DVLA licence is enough. Usually costs about £30/day, some are free, Mallory has gone up for next year to £55 first session, £35 each additional session. Bigger expense can be travelling costs. East Fortune is about £100 for me, but it is a two day meeting and it's as much about the paddock " scene " as anything. Dogsbody

Comment

Big advantage of parading is no ACU licence required, production of DVLA licence is enough. Usually costs about £30/day, some are free, Mallory has gone up for next year to £55 first session, £35 each additional session. Bigger expense can be travelling costs. East Fortune is about £100 for me, but it is a two day meeting and it's as much about the paddock " scene " as anything. Dogsbody
                    I thought you still needed an ACU licence for parading?! If what you say is definitely correct then Yippee, nothing can stop me now!

Comment

this from Mallory regs
                      5. Rider Qualification.
                      §
                      Riders must hold a current ACU Road Race Competition Licence, a current ACU Road Race Parade Licence or a Class A
                      DVLA motorcycle l
                      icence. Participants (including sidecar passengers) who do not hold a current
                      ACU Road Race
                      Competition Licence or a current
                      ACU Road Race Parade Licence and who are over the age of 70 years will only be able
                      to participate on production of a certificate
                      of fitness to participate signed by a Doctor and dated no earlier than 12
                      months before the date of the Parade.

Dogsbody

Comment

That's all good news, but I think that would be me out then on medical grounds possibly now? I'm not 70 yet though but I will be 66 in March.

By coincidence I was just telling Andy in a PM about a heart issue I developed when I used to race bicycles while chatting to him about my RES.

David.
                        Last edited by 46T Sprocket; 19/12/2014, 09:04 PM.

Comment

If your dvla bike licence is current it is no problem. I've had heart surgery and know of at least two still racing that have had heart attacks. Just needs doctors note after 70 for parading saying you are ok to ride a motorcycle, NOT race. Colin
                          There will be at least 3 Silverstones parading together next year. Would be nice to get one of each model at Mallory. So far RAS, RCS, RDS . Any RBS and RES even RFS to join in.

Comment

PM sent to your in box.

I hope those guys don't race at my local track - East Fortune. That doesn't sound too clever to me.
                            Last edited by 46T Sprocket; 19/12/2014, 11:19 PM.

Comment

this from Mallory regs
                              5. Rider Qualification.
                              §
                              Riders must hold a current ACU Road Race Competition Licence, a current ACU Road Race Parade Licence or a Class A
                              DVLA motorcycle l
                              icence. Participants (including sidecar passengers) who do not hold a current
                              ACU Road Race
                              Competition Licence or a current
                              ACU Road Race Parade Licence and who are over the age of 70 years will only be able
                              to participate on production of a certificate
                              of fitness to participate signed by a Doctor and dated no earlier than 12
                              months before the date of the Parade.

Dogsbody
                              How strict is the 60mph limit?

Comment

That is road bikes on the Saturday, generally faster with traveling marshals keeping groups separate. Sunday is "Classic parades will not generally be speed restricted " ie go for it! The Greeves will be flat out and be passed by quicker bikes. Colin
                                David, even with heart surgery a licence can be issued by the ACU after a stress ecg and a report from a doctor. Ted Fenwick is still racing at over 80 on a Ducati 250.

Comment

Working...
                                X