silverstone amal mk2 settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi
    well, i hadn'nt enought time to clear the carb during the event, as i falled down in the third lap...
    the bike suffered a bit: exhaust, fairing and right footpeg where destroyed.
    anyway, i think that the settings where too rich with 450 main jet, as the bike refused reving past 6500 rpm...
    another problem with the albion hj5 : when i shiftdown quickly from 3 to2, i find a dead point, and i have to select 3 , then 2 at low speed...not prefect for racing...
    i stripped the gearbox, but has somebody an idea about the reason?
    sprocket used, too much play in linkages, or something else?
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

silverstone amal mk 2 settings

Well nicholas you are at least giving the old girl some use, sorry to see you on your ear! But as you and the bike are unscathed with just some cosmetic work I am sure you will soon have it sorted. Dicky
      Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 17/08/2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick F View Post
        Well nicholas you are at least giving the old girl some use, sorry to see you on your ear! But as you and the bike are unscathed with just some cosmetic work I am sure you will soon have it sorted. Dicky
        hi dick
        nice to hear from you ;-)
        you're right, she'll be nicer when repaired!
        but i have now to look for a right footrest, and some minor parts.
        but sh'ell be back on track asap!!
        cheers
        nicolas
        ps by the way, may i send the registration form (to become a gra member) via email instead of sending it by post office?

Comment

Membership

Nicolas asked:
          ps by the way, may i send the registration form (to become a gra member) via email instead of sending it by post office?

Hi Nicolas, I just sent you an email about this, but will answer here as well, since it may encourage one or two other forumites who are not actual GRA members to sign-up:

Yes, just send the payment by PayPal, and email the filled-in and scanned membership form to the same address. The PayPal surcharge subsidises the postage cost, since its difficult to send a stamped addressed envelope via email!

Thanks
          Andy

Comment

fine, i'll send it on tuesday ;-)
            cheers
            nicolas

Comment

Nicholas, Looks like you are giving the bike a bit of use! Dick is usually the one to damage things!

The footrest for one of those is simple to make. Drawing attached.

We have drawings for the other bits that break in a crash!

Good luck!

Rob
              Attached Files

Comment

arf....many thanks rob...
                anyway, the reason of the crash is (with my lack of experience...to be honest!) , i think , that i was waiting for new racing tires, and, as they did not arrive in time, i decided to fit the only set i had kept: old dick's tires sold with the bike...they're almost 9 years old, and really too large for the rims...
                the rear was like glassy after the crash, the front one was quite hot.
                the corner is quite quick, as the next is almost full throttle...so i did a nice hiside!!
                and my right knee looks still like a big potatoe ;-)
                ..i think i'll need drawings for a new expansion chamber too
                i'll write later a new post about the rebuild ..
                cheers
                nicolas

Comment

...Hi Nicolas, I just sent you an email about this, but will answer here as well, since it may encourage one or two other forumites who are not actual GRA members to sign-up:

Thanks
                  Andy[/QUOTE]

hi reg form and fees sent yesterday ...

Comment

Hi Nicolas,

Received - with thanks!

Membership pack is in the post...

Andy

Comment

Hi Nicholas, glad your prang hasn't put you off and very glad you're not too badly hurt.

Absolute no-no to try to race on old tyres, but I guess you know that now...

Intrigued by your circuit picture - where on earth is that circuit? Not in the UK I guess..?
                      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Circuit Paul Armagnac, Nogaro, France ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_Nogaro

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                          Circuit Paul Armagnac, Nogaro, France ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_Nogaro
                          exactly
                          it's in the "gers" county ...we've a lot of retired english citizens here
                          not too far from toulouse (south)
                          it's a very pleasant event...old bikes,trackdays, and rock and roll in the evening...
                          some of gra members would appreciate, i think...
                          Last edited by lancelot; 23/08/2013, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X