Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5461.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	582.6 KB
ID:	96121 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5462.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	590.8 KB
ID:	96122 ​ I won this Fobco Star pillar drill at a recent HJ Pugh auction in Ledbury. Not quite certain as to how old it actually is. My guess is between 60 and 70 years. Either way the design changed very little in its production life. I remember them in my school metalworking shop and hundreds scattered across the workshops where i served my apprenticeship (AWRE). I have had a Taiwanese floor mounted pillar dril for many years. The Fobco will make a useful addition.

I stripped the machine down to its basic parts, removed paint, blasted and repainted castings in the original cream colour. A suitable paint came from Paragon Paints which was brush finished. The original rotary on/off switch was binned and replaced with a modern motor starter that offered overload protection for the motor and NVR (no volt release) in the event of power loss. A new A36 drive belt was also fitted. On reflection I would go for an A36.5. The electric motor is not original but is quite functional at this time. I will keep my eyes open for a 1425 RPM , 1/2HP. Single phase

High-quality Britsh made drilling machines by F.O.Brian sold as the Fobco Star, Fobco Universal, Fonco 7-Eight and Fobco 10-Eight

Comment

I don't suppose anyone might be interested in one of these ?

Comment

Any chance of a picture or 2?

Comment

Working...
        X