Keep safe on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep safe on the road

One of the reasons for me concentrating more on off-road activities recently has been prompted by a crash a friend of mine had on his newly restored Ariel square four. A van hit him from behind, claiming he lost control due to a sneeze. My mate was in hospital for 10 days having his leg pinned and screwed back together.

Here's the bike:

I'm With you Andy .... I would rather hurtle around a scrambles track than risk the road ! ....... That makes JW and the road boys the Brave daredevils !! 😏

Comment

First thread I've looked at today. Kinda put a downer on the day, that picture (and the story).

I hope your mate makes a full recovery and is awarded massive compensation.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Sorry to hear about your friend hope he makes a full recovery soon.Sneezing appears to be a common excuse as my wifes Uncle and Auntie were both killed in a crash buy a woman who said she sneezed and lost control but had a mobile on her lap at the time.She was not prosecuted as could not prove otherwise.
        Simon

Comment

Many years ago I was witness to a nasty accident, Policewoman came to my home and took my witness statement, in the small talk that followed, she said that she had had a prang in a 'panda car' (due to her sneezing), at a cross roads, she hit a passing car as a result.
          Hope your mate gets well soon (sadly the bike might take a bit longer) and receives the compensation he deserves.

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by trialrider17 View Post
            Sorry to hear about your friend hope he makes a full recovery soon.Sneezing appears to be a common excuse as my wifes Uncle and Auntie were both killed in a crash buy a woman who said she sneezed and lost control but had a mobile on her lap at the time.She was not prosecuted as could not prove otherwise.
            Simon
            Tragic stuff!, shame about the bike....but it is only a bike!

Comment

Sneezing
              Wonder how Formula 1 drivers go on.????????????

Comment

Originally posted by trialrider17 View Post
                Simon
                Hi Simon,

As Dave said, that sounds aweful! Very sad

My mate had his leg mashed up and will walk with a limp, but that doesn't really compare to what you have described. He now had a rod, plate and several self-tappers in his leg.

Andrew

Comment

Andy.... when they rebuilt your mates leg...did they use aerotight or nylocks.........stainless i hope.....

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                    Andy.... when they rebuilt your mates leg...did they use aerotight or nylocks.........stainless i hope.....
                    316 Stainless I think, maybe with titanium screws!

Comment

Working...
                    X