PhotoBucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhotoBucket

Notice a few members are using this web service.
    Is it Free ?
    Is it easy to use ?
    Is it safe ?
    Any Tips ?

Thanks for your comments

whitehillbillies

Photo hosting web sites

Originally posted by whitehillbillies View Post
    Notice a few members are using this web service.
    Is it Free ?
    Is it easy to use ?
    Is it safe ?
    Any Tips ?

Thanks for your comments

whitehillbillies
    Its as safe as any other photo hosting site, OK for storing photos that you dont mind others seeing, but I would not use it for any personal photos that you dont want seen on the Internet. The site should be secure with password but you never know. These sites are good for sending pics of bikes, parts etc that are not security critical. I use http://www.servimg.com which is free & easy to use

Comment

Thanks John,
      It was you I was quizzing, as I see you have used this program in the past.
      Will look at what you have suggested.
      I have joined a UK Landrover forum. Bought and am restoring a 1977 SWB soft top, series 3. You cannot add photos to the forum, but need to use a web program, which members can access, to look at photos.
      Once again,
      Thank You.
      Just for your interest, I have the Original logbook for my 24TCS, and lists all the owners from NEW, to Me, present owner ( I brought, restored it in Cornwall, and imported it to Australia )

whitehillbillies

Comment

Hi John,
        The link, is if you have LOG IN, password and user name.
        looked in Google, site took me to the link you added, but I need the add new account link page ????
        Can you Help.

whitehillbillies

Comment

You need to be registered through a forum, see https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...6150026AAUu5m9
          I did it via the Yamaha Townmate Forum, have a look at the Land Rover forum they may have a link with a similar photo hosting site.
          Might be easier to use Photobucket.
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 21/02/2015, 11:14 AM. Reason: Change of info

Comment

I've tried most of the online photo sharing sites, and have to say that Photobucket is one of the easiest to use. Some of the others start off being free, then start asking for money, others are just awkward to use. Just my opinion.

I would be interested in seeing some pics of your TCS, I bought one too, very recently. I'll put some pics up later today.

Comment

Hi Andy,
              Being a basic user, I cannot post pic, hence the need for a online photo file.
              Here are a couple of pics.

Greeves trials models, e.g. Scottish, Scottish Twin, Anglian, Pathfinder, Wessex, Scottish Special, ISDT machines.

whitehillbillies

Comment

Nice bike!

Originally posted by whitehillbillies View Post
                Hi Andy,
                Being a basic user, I cannot post pic, hence the need for a online photo file.
                Here are a couple of pics.

Greeves trials models, e.g. Scottish, Scottish Twin, Anglian, Pathfinder, Wessex, Scottish Special, ISDT machines.

whitehillbillies
                Thanks for those - nice that you still have the original chainguard, toolbox and speedo. All bits that disappear very often.
                I went to take some pics of mine, but the camera battery is flat, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Comment

Hi Andy,
                  Toolbox, chain guard and guide, side stand with bracket and spring, front mud guard loop, supplied by GRA member ????
                  Alloy rims and pre cut spokes supplied by GRA member ????
                  Original speedo came from a UK,guy who specialized in rebuilding and restoring them.
                  Original coil rewound by, High Output Coils, Victoria AU.
                  Pretty much standard, some may question that,
                  But folding footrests, on original mounting point. Chain tensioner, steel bash plates added to lower engine cradle. ( some big rock sections over here )
                  Chain adjusters, copies of original I think, washer with bolt welded on.
                  Exhaust, made by Fred Gilles, Appolo Engineering, Poundstock, Nr Bude.

whitehillbillies
                  Last edited by whitehillbillies; 21/02/2015, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X