Flame Warriors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flame Warriors.

Following recent shennanigins on here reminded me of an old site that I thought I'd share with fellow GRA forum goers. In my view, this certainly explains a lot, and we are ALL on here....somewhere.....

Just click on the link, browse the 'flamers', click on one for a description, see if it reminds you of anyone (including that man in the mirror...) then click your 'back' arrow (top left) to go back to the 'index' for more. Here's the link; http://www.politicsforum.org/images/...iors/index.php

For anyone unsure what a 'flamer' is, have a look at this-makes for interesting reading....; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_(Internet) You may need to copy and paste this link into your internet browser bar as it doesn't seem to link to the page directly for some reason.... Dashed internet eh....

...and finally, I've attached a little pic that really is worth a thousand words...literally....

Why can't we all just be glad of what we have....you know, things like clean drinking water.....(at least for the time being.....) We are all so very very lucky really, are we not.

Increase the peace.

Brian. (Eagle Scout/Nanny/Archivist/etc etc etc.....)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 27/10/2014, 02:44 PM. Reason: Pic attached.

Hi Brian,

Just thought I'd borrow your thread for a minute to show you my (70th) birthday present to myself.

Wish I could play well enough to do it justice, but I'm working on it...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 31/10/2014, 07:28 AM.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Congratulations, and Happy Birthday, Colin!

Well done, Colin. Seems to be a fairly common second string (B?) for Greeves owners? Here's power to your plectrum!
      Could this be the opportunity for other closet musicians to "come out"?
      Last edited by johnrunnacles; 29/10/2014, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I have a Yamaha FE70 organ
        Attached Files

Comment

Is that shaft-drive John?

Comment

No but its on 'historic tax' does not need an MoT

Comment

i could only afford a chinese strat copy , so i keep practising on my old prewar trumellow jazz acoustic, or the good old gibson . will.

Comment

Acoustic is good, Will, and lucky you to have an older Gibson to play on! Virtually anything new nowadays is likely to come from the Far East ...........
                Last edited by johnrunnacles; 29/10/2014, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Flame warriors

Well i think we may have solved the entertainment problem for next years AGM. A Group sounds as though it could be in the making!! all we need now is a name!.

How about THE ROLLING GROANS.

Brian this should start a new thread

Comment

Time for an abject apology to Brian for high-jacking this thread.

Sorry, mate, all I wanted to do was to show you my latest P&J 'cos I thought you might be interested. Never intended it to take over.
                    Colin Sparrow

Comment

My apologies, Brian, for taking your thread off-piste .......... and apologies to you, too, Colin for having put you in this position. All I intended to do was to wish you a Happy Birthday ........... !
                      I enjoyed the original post, by the way, Brian. A lot of truth there, and I did recognise that bloke in the mirror ............. several times over!
                      Last edited by johnrunnacles; 29/10/2014, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Dick, you may be right! prehaps all this publicity might bring about the reemergence of the top 60`s super group.... The Crusties....
                        Two of the original band.....Rick wakefield on keyboards & Clapton sparrow, lead guitar, are still with us & keen to get back in the studio... former hits include wakefields self penned... ebay blues ...subtle in contrast to sparrows firey guiter rift on....plug the book...watch this space...
                        Last edited by dave higgins; 29/10/2014, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                          Following recent shennanigins on here reminded me of an old site that I thought I'd share with fellow GRA forum goers. In my view, this certainly explains a lot, and we are ALL on here....somewhere.....

Just click on the link, browse the 'flamers', click on one for a description, see if it reminds you of anyone (including that man in the mirror...) then click your 'back' arrow (top left) to go back to the 'index' for more. Here's the link; http://www.politicsforum.org/images/...iors/index.php

For anyone unsure what a 'flamer' is, have a look at this-makes for interesting reading....; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_(Internet) You may need to copy and paste this link into your internet browser bar as it doesn't seem to link to the page directly for some reason.... Dashed internet eh....

...and finally, I've attached a little pic that really is worth a thousand words...literally....

Why can't we all just be glad of what we have....you know, things like clean drinking water.....(at least for the time being.....) We are all so very very lucky really, are we not.

Increase the peace.

Brian. (Eagle Scout/Nanny/Archivist/etc etc etc.....)
                          OK Brian, I will admit to being a bit of a grumpy old man :-)
                          But we tend to expect so much nowadays. We are spoilt. I agree, I should sit back and enjoy the things I have and celebrate that I am still around to appreciate a nice life.
                          I wish I could be more chilled out but I'm always looking for the best in myself. I expect the same from others but that is asking a bit too much maybe.

Cool Keith ... lol

Comment

Wish You Were Here!

Look guys.....I know that you're going to need a bass player.......but I'm just soooo busy right now.....

Now let's see....couple' more hours here on the private beach.....back to the studio and finish the overdubs.....then coctails with Mr Branson later up at the house and listen to the new album.....

....you know how it is.....

Brian.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                              Look guys.....I know that you're going to need a bass player.......but I'm just soooo busy right now.....

Now let's see....couple' more hours here on the private beach.....back to the studio and finish the overdubs.....then coctails with Mr Branson later up at the house and listen to the new album.....

....you know how it is.....

Brian.
                              Hard life ... Innit!!
                              Can't stop, the Mount Gay rum is calling!!!
                              Keith

Comment

Working...
                              X