BT now charge for 'Caller Display'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT now charge for 'Caller Display'

BT are now charging £1.75 per month (plus VAT)for caller display which was previously free, they have not given subscribers prior notice, it just appears in you bill. Although most modern phones now have the Caller Display facility where the incoming number shows on a screen, the old style phones did not have this. So if you have one of these or don't want to see incoming numbers you need to contact BT to cancel the option. You could be paying £25 per year for something you don't want or more importantly cant receive.
    If you are being charged for Caller Display & want it removed, phone up BT on 0800 328 6738 & ask for it to be cancelled.

BT

i hate bt with avengence john and we did away with our land line after a tree knocked it down and bt wouldnt maintain it (WANTED £300) so we have a common mobile and a SIM contract for £15 a month FROM VIRGIN now BT can put it in there pipe and smoke it i have to design a home system where it can be plugged into the home phone

gary

Comment

BT

A mobile may be a cheaper option if you don't make many calls, (how much are your calls?) as mobiles are charged at a higher rate than land line. I am on Free Anytime with BT which is £23 per month (plus vat) with free calls anytime up to an hour to most land lines, but not premium rate or mobile. So taking you £15 per month (which I assume also is subject to vat) it would leave around £8 for calls. I make a lot of calls so my bill would be a lot more than £8. Also being on a mobile only it cost other people a lot more to ring you. (up 20p per min)
      So if you want to have an hour long call with a mate or Greeves owner the bill will rocket on a mobile.
      Whilst I am not happy with BT I dont think they are any worse than the other providers, it all looks cheap in their adverts until you start getting the bills & read the small print. My gripe with BT is that they did not tell me in advance they were starting to charge for Caller Display, but having contacted them, they have cancelled the Caller Display function & will refund the overcharged amount on my next bill

Comment

call charges

flat rate john no extra charge ! £15 a month and its a contract you can leave at any time i talk to dad some times 3 hours a day and no extra charge

no vat tax or trouble and with mobile your always have a phone so you dont miss a call !

Comment

Originally posted by greeves246 View Post
          flat rate john no extra charge ! £15 a month and its a contract you can leave at any time i talk to dad some times 3 hours a day and no extra charge

no vat tax or trouble and with mobile your always have a phone so you dont miss a call !
          Thing is do you take other services from Virgin? ie TV, Broadband etc as they normally offer cheap phone calls with those sort of contracts. Also they only give free calls to other Virgin subscribers (ie your dad). Like most of the providers you never get anything for nothing & if you only want a phone line then they are all about the same. Also with many providers you have to pay for a BT land line as well, because BT own the infrastructure.

Comment

Working...
          X