Ebay fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay fees

If you dont know as from 4th September EBAY now charges sellers final value fess on POSTAGE 10% as well as insert fees and final value fees of 10% on items and if you are paid through PAYPAL fees as well. The cost of postage has gone through the roof so to break even you have to add 10% to postage cost making selling through EBAY expensive. So just be aware if you sell an item on EBAY add 10% to the postage cost or you will be out of pocket.
    Last edited by trialrider17; 06/10/2013, 07:04 PM.

Originally posted by trialrider17 View Post
    If you dont know as from 4th September EBAY now charges sellers final value fess on POSTAGE 10% as well as insert fees and final value fees of 10% on items and if you are paid through PAYPAL fees as well. The cost of postage has gone through the roof so to break even you have to add 10% to postage cost making selling through EBAY expensive.
    And dont forget that Paypal can take back payments,without notice,up to 6 months after you have been paid.They call them reversals.

Comment

Just to make it clearer. Listings can be foc, and it's 10% fee up to a maximum of £75.00 (Plus of course the sneaky 3.75% fee you can't avoid for taking payment by Paypal) Even so this is still a fair fee if you are selling something of high value for the national/international coverage your auction gets Not so good unfortunately on lesser value items.

The full fee information if any member is interested is on this page.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/fe....l3966#auction

Comment

EBAY fees

The reason I put this on the forum is that I sold an item to someone in Sweden
        I knew the fees I had to pay as it was a buy it now the insertion fee was only 40p the final value fee was £11 and the paypal fee was £6.01 total =£17.41
        the cost of postage inc insurance was £43 which was agreed with the buyer and that is what he was charged.When I got the invoice from Ebay I was then charged 10% final value fee of the postage cost £4.30 so the cost to send was £47.30.
        I thought this unfair fo ebay to charge for this as postage is nothing to do with ebay. After a long conversation with them they refunded the £4.30 and said they do it in the USA and thought it would be a good idea to do it in the UK.
        Their answer was to put the postage cost in with the cost of the item (+10%)
        and offer free postage. So how do you sell an item in their auction starting at 99p and include international postage £43 and offer free postage.
        I dont mind paying fees but I object to paying 10% on postage to buyers so Ebay can make more profit. PS I dont know if it is legal for them to charge final value fees on postage ?

Comment

Would it be that eBay are charging 10% on postage due to the extortionate postage charges some sellers make? Postage charges are often far in excess of what it actually costs, particularly on small low value items, so some sellers have been avoiding the commision costs by 'transfering' some of the cost to postage.

Comment

Good point John. Postage charged on some items is out of all proportion to the weight of the item.

Trialrider17.

Bit late for you I know... but It should be possible to separate the postage payment from the goods payment with a bit of careful wording in the auction info. "Contact me before bidding for postage costs etc." Then inform the interested party of the fee situation driving up postage costs and tell them that you will invoice them separately for the postage costs to keep the price down.

David.

Comment

Originally posted by 46T Sprocket View Post
              Good point John. Postage charged on some items is out of all proportion to the weight of the item.

Trialrider17.

Bit late for you I know... but It should be possible to separate the postage payment from the goods payment with a bit of careful wording in the auction info. "Contact me before bidding for postage costs etc." Then inform the interested party of the fee situation driving up postage costs and tell them that you will invoice them separately for the postage costs to keep the price down.

David.
              Quite frankly David I NEVER sell anything on eBay, & buy very little, & then usually only new items at fixed price from trade sellers, I then usually contact them direct & send a cheque. I am a luddite & dont have a credit or debit card or Pay Pal account. That restricts me to who I can deal with as many eBayers dont take cheques any more. Such is life I am afraid

Comment

Working...
              X