Postal Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postal Charges

Following on Phils remark in another tread We could open a whole new can of worms debating the Post Office price structure.................
    I thought I may open the can in a more appropriate thread.
    Yep in case you have not posted a parcel recently the good old Royal Mail have certainly ramped up their charges. All to do with making them a viable business before selling them out of the public sector.
    Frankly it is cheaper to now send heavier items by courier than use RM or Parcel Force. Their increased charges must really be hitting the spares market, particularly for the private seller. The postal charges can be almost as much as the item itself. Recently I sold a rear drive unit for a Yamaha Townmate the item was £30, & postage would have been around £16. The buyer from the midlands decided to drive down & get it, ok it still cost him more than RM but he had the satisfaction of seeing the goods before handing over the money, & he got the part the same. day.

Can of Worms....

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
    Following on Phils remark in another tread We could open a whole new can of worms debating the Post Office price structure.................
    I thought I may open the can in a more appropriate thread.
    I see you've been waiting for this since July John....still, better late than never eh.

Brian.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 24/12/2013, 06:27 PM. Reason: Pic attached.

Comment

i don`t believe it!!!!

Ahh! a product of the meldrew canning corporation, i believe......
      Last edited by dave higgins; 24/12/2013, 12:12 PM.

Comment

There are loads of alternatives for sending stuff, especially bulky items. I use Hermes, Parcel Monkey, Parcel2Go etc..... very frequently, they are all cheaper than RM for sending odd-shaped motorbike and bicycle bits. Even sent complete engines using these companies with no problems.

Also, they collect the parcel from you, so there's no hassle and expense of going to a post office!

Comment

Pay peanuts....get minkys!

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
          I use Parcel Monkey....
          Hi Andy,

Parcel Monkey you say......

Just don't blame me when your worms show up six months late.....!!

Bingo. (ex member of the Banana Splits, allegedly.....)
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice hat brian... but who`s the gimp on the right.. but seriously, have you been drinking!, only your looking a bit fuzzy!!!

Comment

The Hat Fits!

Cheers mate, I'm very fond of it!

As to being a bit fuzzy in that shot......well, it was my fault I'm afraid....the poor photographer was having to deal with the blast from my 20,000 watt amp rig at the time, and we were playing a bit of serious hard core Country & Western, kinda Black Sabbath meets the Nolan Sisters but with more attitude.....Bless 'im, the poor geezer was never quite the same afterwards...

I think he went on to become a postman or something....

Next time boys and girls, I'll tell you another story about when I stood in for Dylan on the Magic Roundabout...

Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                Hi Andy,

Parcel Monkey you say......

Just don't blame me when your worms show up six months late.....!!

Bingo. (ex member of the Banana Splits, allegedly.....)
                I can see the resemblance Brian! I wouldn't mind hearing some of the hard core Country you mention. I used to go to a club in Leytonstone where they had many bands of this overlooked genre, still do apparently.

Cheers,
                Andrew

Comment

Can we have the address of that club so the more sensitive of us can avoid it please?

Comment

Country & Metal...

Oh dear.....best have a word with the entertainment sec Brian.....somebody's booked them for next years' AGM.....JR is going to get up on stage a do a few banjo solos as well, and I think Rob is reprising his Christmas panto turn.....I'll be great!......

Twanger.

Comment

It just keeps getting better and better....!

The jungle drums (quicker than t'internet) have just told me even more fantastic news.....I know that if for many (myself included, very much so!) the news that Rob and JR will be taking to the stage isn't exciting enough, there's also a rumour that Mavis (from the Kiddlington Kebab Van) will be doing the catering again, and might even be persuaded to do another 'turn' for us as well...!!! I know where I'll be....!!!

Brian T.

(PS JR, when are we starting rehearsals mate....Just so I know 'cos I need to change my G string. )
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 26/12/2013, 11:07 PM. Reason: Pic attached.

Comment

Solo means in solitude!

Thanks Twanger but Bluegrass Banjo is a bit of a heady concoction, best reserved for personal consumption only.

Plonker
                        Last edited by johnrunnacles; 27/12/2013, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Pluck up mate, being a Banjo player can't be that bad....!

Hi John, good one!!!

Awwwww.....but you're FAR too modest mate!

Anyway, if it's any consolation, Dicky's going on first to do his accordian rendition of 'My Heart Will Go On', the theme tune from 'Titanic'.....we'll be fine mate...trust me!!!!

(PS Besides, have you seen the 'Tune A Day For Accordian' book that Dicky has been learning from....?! No mate, trust me....we'll go down like a roll of lino...!! )

Plinky.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 27/12/2013, 12:49 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

Is that from the same "Tune a Day ........" series that I have been wrestling with for the past 60 years?

I thought I was safe, too, in having that publicity shot taken abroad ............ bleedin' Internet!!

failedaccordionplayertoo!

Comment

Nice tache....!

Ha ha....!!!

Nice one JR!

Tell yer what...Bert Weedon's changed a bit hasn't he...?!

Brian T.

Comment

Working...
                              X