Spam emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam emails

Some low life has recently hacked my Yahoo email address. If you receive an email from me that does not have a subject or one that appears jibberish, dont open it or the link attached. I have changed my password so it should have killed it off. No need to email me back. This should not effect the PM system on here.

An email from you, that appears jibberish! surely not...

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
      An email from you, that appears jibberish! surely not...
      Oh yes!

Seems to be happening a lot recently. Doesn't seem to be any harm in opening them (though better not to if you realise in time) but NEVER click on any link in them, that's where the trouble lies.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Spam

Not sure about no harm. I received one of the fake mails from John's address and even though I didn't click the link I couldn't access my mail account after. Ian Black.

Comment

I believe the technical term for this is 'spoofing'. It happened to me and two of my friends a couple of weeks ago. Apparently it mainly affects Yahoo e-mails which are not very secure and emanates from Eastern Europe.

The only advice I could find to avoid a recurrence is to change your e-mail password to something other than a recognisable word, a mixture of letters, numbers and symbols!
          John A - 268

Comment

Working...
          X