• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSA Factory film 1950s

Great BSA factory film from their heyday

Great, sadly they dont make films like that these days

Comment

Noticeable that the fitters, inspectors et al wore shirt and tie as an indication of their status as skilled men. Even at the sports day all were smartly dressed unlike todays youth.

Comment

Count me as one of today's youth then. I haven't worn a jacket and tie since the day I retired six years ago.

Comment

What's a tie?

Comment

It is what you secure your bike with in the van, isn't it?

Comment

One clip I always like is the one with an Indian chap lining an Enfield tank. Fairly modern of course but done exactly as it would have been done in Bracebridge Street or Armoury Road. I like his little smile at the end - and no tie!

The Royal Enfield is famous for its unique handcrafted build. Watch the amazing craftsmen paint the Tank with clean strokes of the brush error free.

Comment

True craftsman at work, very focused on the job & done right first time. Note also.. no mess!
                I’d be happy for the fella to line my Roadster tank any day of the week.

Comment

Reminds me of my first factory job in the UK. Two geezers in the background doing naff all while one guy does the work. He is good though isn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by KevinLS View Post
                    Reminds me of my first factory job in the UK. Two geezers in the background doing naff all while one guy does the work. He is good though isn't he?
                    What's a factory?
                    I looked it up in the dictionary
                    'a building or set of buildings where large amounts of goods are made using machines'

'Large amounts of goods'
                    I don't think we have such things in this country, sounds all very nasty.

Comment

Most new trials bikes seem to advertise "Factory Racing"......I'm not sure how they fix the wheels to the walls nor who has to push very hard, but it sound exciting... Must use a very big track!

Comment

Perhaps they have a track on the roof like the old Fiat car factory

Comment

Err, perhaps they mean Factory Lacing?

Comment

Working...
                          X