London ULEZ zone expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London ULEZ zone expansion

Bad news is that Transport for London is expanding the ULEZ zone as from 29th August to all London boroughs, good news is that 40 years old 'Historic taxed' vehicles are exempt, thus including all Greeves. Not such good news if you own a non compliant vehicle which means most registered prior to 2006. A crazy situation as whilst my 1965 'smokey' Greeves East Coaster goes free, I would have to pay GBP 12.50 daily charge on my 1991 80cc 4 stroke (no smoke) Yamaha T80

I just don't go there anymore.

Comment

there is a 'unique' motorcycle testing option...

Our ULEZ emissions tests take only 30 minutes, located within easy access of central London on the A1

weirdly they don't have similar for other vehicles??

Comment

Originally posted by Stockcar View Post
        there is a 'unique' motorcycle testing option...

Our ULEZ emissions tests take only 30 minutes, located within easy access of central London on the A1

weirdly they don't have similar for other vehicles??
        It costs GBP175 with a GBP75 re test fee should it fail first time!!!

Comment

if your a regular commuter into London then I would guess it doesn't take long to 'save' that cash??

about 2 weeks if my maths is correct??

Comment

Originally posted by Stockcar View Post
            if your a regular commuter into London then I would guess it doesn't take long to 'save' that cash??

about 2 weeks if my maths is correct??
            Yes but the vehicle must be capable of passing the test.

Comment

yes obviously but from seeing press reports of the guys that run it in MCN, etc they have a very good rep for solving issues and apparently give advise BEFORE any money chnages hands..........

sorry thought that this information might be helpful rather than lining Khan's pockets..........

Comment

Sadly, my 35,000 mile diesel car is 6 months too old to qualify for free access, but there seems to be a way of re-certifying to conform. I live in one of the London Boroughs that are taking Khan to task over this and, indeed have banned his engineers from using any of "our" facilities to mount their cameras. BUT the cameras are being attached to TfLs traffic lights already. I have it by rumour that the camera lenses are being painted black by persons unknown..... I had better get my Historic Can-AM up and running, or perhaps buy a nice Rover v8, all historics being free!![

Comment

Working...
                X