Worst Stack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Stack

Came across these horror photos the other day.

My Kwack ZZ-R 1100 in the recovery yard after I wrote it off. My worst stack. I got away with concussion and two broken ribs.

Real shame, it was a great bike.
    Attached Files
    Colin Sparrow

So how did you manage it?!

Comment

Ouch!

Sounds (and looks) like you had a lucky escape there Colin. I definitely wouldn't fancy going down the road with a ZZ11 on top of me....or a Yammy Fazer Thou come to that...

How did it happen?

Brian.

PS Does anyone else have similar pics/stories to share?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
        Came across these horror photos the other day.

My Kwack ZZ-R 1100 in the recovery yard after I wrote it off. My worst stack. I got away with concussion and two broken ribs.

Real shame, it was a great bike.
        Looks nasty! You were very lucky to just have broken ribs and concussion by the look of the bike!

What happened?

My mate smashed the fairing of his ZZ-R 1100 when he dropped it on his neighbour's driveway (his drive is about a foot higher than the neighbour). Very embarrassing!
        Lovely bike to ride, though, even with no fairing.

I once had the misfortune of riding into a ditch during an enduro - the bike somehow ended up on top of me and the headlight unit smashed to pieces on the back of my helmet. Then there was the time I hit a tree.... hmmm, enough of those I think. No photos (un)fortunately.

This October at the Colombres rally in Spain one of the Brits had a lucky escape. After signing-on for the rally, the ride back to the town is a twisty, narrow, downhill road. This particular chap set off down the hill on his BSA, forgetting he was in Europe, rode off down the road on the left-hand side of the road. He had no chance avoiding the 4x4 truck heading up the hill. Luckily for him, the bike went straight underneath, and he rolled over the bonnet somehow. Got away with just a bit of bruising.

This might end up being quite a long thread!

Cheers,
        Andrew

Comment

Andy,

I think the Brit was Steve Gard, ex Griffon owner and pre 65 scrambler, on his rare ISDT Jawa, unless there were 2 Brits who did the same thing!

Druid

Comment

Originally posted by druid View Post
            Andy,

I think the Brit was Steve Gard, ex Griffon owner and pre 65 scrambler, on his rare ISDT Jawa, unless there were 2 Brits who did the same thing!

Druid
            Hi Druid

Oh no, not another one! The chap I saw was on an A10 BSA, so that means yet another crasher. That make 5 Brits crashing on the same rally! There were lot of slimy leaves about.

If I'd seen the ISDT Jawa, I would have been all over it!

Cheers,
            Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
              So how did you manage it?!
              Brain fade; not concentrating. Hit a kerb. Cartwheeled the bike at about 70 (so my friend who was following said, I still can't remember much about it)...
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
              X