Mortons takes on Real Classic !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortons takes on Real Classic !!

This statement from Rowena Hoseason has appeared on the Real Classic web site. Looks like Mortons are taking over the admin, subs maintenance, print etc. Looks like the thin end of the wedge.

The editorial side of RealClassic remains unchanged, with Frank and TP and meself producing the magazine and website from RCHQ Bude, with Martin managing the website and Mark (who rarely gets public credit but has been a part of the team for going on seven yrs, and massively influences the look and feel of the printed magazine), designing the pages. We're continuing to do exactly what we've always done.
    Mortons will be handling the admin (ad sales, subs maintenance, print, etc), taking a simply gigantic load off me. I want to spend more time motorcycling and writing, and less time running a business.
    Simples.
    If it concerns you, then by all means see FW or meself at any of the string of events we're going to with the lil' silver van in October... And if it doesn't howl down with rain for the next 24hrs then you might even see Frank at Popham tomorrow!

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
    Looks like the thin end of the wedge.
    Frank assures me that it isn't. The objective is to free up editorial time and to provide a bit of cashflow security.

Of course nothing is for ever, but the mag should remain the RealClassic we know and love for the foreseeable.

Note to self: GET WRITING! - oh bother, got the October Leading Link to do first...

Commercial: RC is argueably the best of the classic motorcycle magazines presently available. Subscription details in any issue or contact them at PO Box 66, Bude, EX23 9ZX (for now) or visit the website RealClassic.co.uk
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

RC

Of course nothing is for ever, but the mag should remain the RealClassic we know and love for the foreseeable.
      Something will change Colin, Mortons won't be content with just sales, subs print etc. They have far too many classic/vintage motorbike titles, some will have to go or merged probably sooner rather than later as the recession bites. As some wag on RC web site has said maybe Real Classic Bike!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=John Wakefield;3157As some wag on RC web site has said maybe Real Classic Bike!!![/QUOTE]

Classic Bike was Emap last time I looked, but even that might not hold back the onward march of Morton's Motorcycle Monopoly.

Plus of course Frank might decide to go off and do something else. Hope not.
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

It should have read Real Classic Bike GUIDE

Comment

Working...
          X