'SHEENE' Movie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'SHEENE' Movie.

This looks like it might be rather good, when it comes out....

It's got some good people on board, especially the screenplay writers.

Here's hoping!

IO Films Australia and Deep Springs Pictures UK are proud to announce the development of the narrative bio-pic feature movie on the life of British motorcycl...

Brian.

Sheene and not herd....

91 views and not one single response.....!!

Oh well, looks like I'll have the cinema to myself when it comes out....at least it'll be easy to get a good seat!!

Brian.

Comment

View and responder here. Hope the film turns out well. Not a Bazza fan personally, KR any day.

Comment

Hi Phil, and thanks for at least acknowledging this threads existence....

KR was amazing, no argument from me there, and won a lot more than Bazza did. What always struck me though was how well they 'fed' off each other, and the fireworks (most of which was played up summat rotten for the press....) did a hell of lot for the sport. They were two sides of the same coin in many ways, and that battle to the last at Silverstone will always be one of all time top ten.

I reckon KR would always acknowledge Barry's bravery though, and that's what I admire the most....That, and that incredible lap record (which still stands) at the old Spa circuit, especially on those bikes, on that track, and with all that armco....The injuries he came back from too, and so quickly, was an inspiration to me too.

When I find out who's playing KR I'll let you know....I could always save you a seat....there should be a few spare....

Brian.
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 29/02/2016, 11:24 AM. Reason: Kwon style spelling errors....

Comment

Having been there at the time, it will be interesting to see what it turns out like. A good mate of mine who started racing on a Sliverstone, eventually got himself killed and Bazzer came to his funeral albiet very descreetly. Those were the days when racing was worth going to.

Bazzer also did a few trials on a Bultaco, that I also rode in. Yes, that lap at Spa was something, goodness knows how fast he went between the fir trees to get that lap in!

It came home to me what a rider he was when I first rode on the GP circuit at Brands - Bazzer was about 2 hours a lap quicker! He earn't every penny and to bounce back from those prangs was really something.

Arghh! I'm going to have to get my collection of Motocourse annuals out!
          Last edited by Rob; 28/02/2016, 11:14 PM. Reason: Por speeling (again)

Comment

No not another project Mate, youh ave to get that Anglian straightened out for the Mad March Hare on Sunday ,oh on second thoughts leave in twisted there an awful lot of cambers .

Yes old Basser, certainly knew how to entertain the crowds, a shrewd businessman, and a great ambassador for the sport , and had time for his fans, more than can be said of a lot of other so called celebs we have seen in the bike world

Comment

Hi Rob, Dicky,

Some great comments there chaps, and interesting tales (albeit tinged with sadness) Rob, as ever. There's actually some home footage (cini-film) of Bazzer on his Sherpa at an early trial on one of the several DVD's I have...wonder if it was the same one....

I saw him race many times at Mallory, and even got his autograph once, just before the start of the race. He even took his helmet off specially.....well, I was only little then and didn't know any better...(still don't....)

Well, I guess that's four seats reserved for the first showing then (if Phil comes....).....

Brian.

Comment

Do you wanna flake in that?

I`ll be there Brian, albeit selling ice creams........

Comment

BS Movie

As I understand it KR is playing KR . Just one thought, is this a take on the James Hunt movie "Rush"
                  Last edited by Sprocket; 29/02/2016, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                    91 views and not one single response.....!!

Oh well, looks like I'll have the cinema to myself when it comes out....at least it'll be easy to get a good seat!!

Brian.
                    Brian thanks for flagging - can't wait for this one to come out ...

Irrespective over the Kenny vs Barry debate...........a night out with Barry and James Hunt would have been something to behold

Comment

Just one Cornetto.....

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                      I`ll be there Brian, albeit selling ice creams........
                      Ha! I'd better not have any more flakes though mate...I'm already enough of a flakey flake machine as it is.....

....will you have any strawberry mivi's though, or maybe some FAB lollys.....?

Brian.

Comment

Movie

But do you remember the tub of ice cream with the wooden spoon ?
                        Always too small, the tub that is.

Comment

Just hope Mr Higgins has some ice cream this time - he didn't at Mortimer despite a very shiny ice cream van!

Comment

Working...
                          X