EIGHT Brough's comming up in Bonhams Spring auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EIGHT Brough's comming up in Bonhams Spring auction

MoreBikes.co.uk features all the latest motorcycle news, reviews, events and kit. Get latest bike launch reports as they happen; kit reviews; events; know-how and compelling blogs to enjoy every day. You’ll find a mixture of the best photography, great videos, and the hottest kit news before anyone else.

Blimey....

I thought buying 6 greeves out of an old farm cottage was a great find.. I won't mention that again

Looking at some of the lower estimates I would imagine that they must be proper rough......

I bet the estimates get smashed buy the rich collectors.

Did anybody see the bailon collection of barn find cars in France last year... All very poor condition but made mega money.. 14,000,000 euros for an unrestored swb 250 California spider Ferrari, Restored ones make much the same??

Scott

Comment

I think the auctioneers speel about no one knowing about these bikes is a bit of a joke, the deceased owner was a member of the Brough club so I would think someone there knew about them.
      I think in the coming years we are going to see more collections coming up for auction (even Greeves) Lots of elderly owners 'popping their clogs' & distant relatives going in & finding a treasure trove.
      At one time a lot of these old bikes would have ended up in the skip when property was cleared, but with the internet & eBay these days everyone is 'tuned in' to what this stuff is worth.

Comment

Right on my doorstep too.... if only I had known!

Comment

You mean you have not been out in the wind and rain every weekend scouring the moor for bikes?

Comment

Interesting that these bikes were found at Bodmin Moor, 1958 ISDT bike 7 LHK was lost in that area in the 1980's when the owner at that time gave it away as a field bike. Its never surfaced since. The frame number is 9118/TA worth looking out for.

On checking my records, 7LHK was lost on Dartmoor rather than Bodmin Moor.
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 13/12/2015, 12:21 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Western morning news

Nice pictures in the Western Morning News,

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/...ail/story.html

Comment

frank and his brough,s

I knew frank and his favorite thing was getting a robin to feed from his hand my father workd with him on st cleer water works, There were two brothers and a father who brought the bikes to restore and moved to COMMON MOOR st Cleer
                in the 60,s the father died and the brother died in a motorcycle accident, Frank kept the bike in the sitting room of a house in a row of cottages and he owned the sheds which the bikes were in the roof on some shed fell down on the bikes (hence new roofs fitted) he had all new silencers for them and parts to restore them he also collected cars one a brough V10 only one of built for brough,s daughter to get married (visible in the photos) its 14ft long and now broken in half ( a american dentist offerd him a "open cheque book"for the car and sammy miller as usual went round and said the austin 7 engined bike was his "fathers" (yhea right).

relation with a yamsel was going to inherit it trevor a magneto dynamo and starter specalist in liskeard Then he died shortly followed by frank died and the collection was left to be fought over by the relatives for several years now must have been sorted out i would like to see what the CAR makes ! if the bikes made 3 million another car was a lanchaster ?

frank won the lottery now knowing he won trusting the next door to check it they ran off with the money police are still looking for them ! he also had another strange hobby of collecting imperial coins to the degree of droor full,s of them !

gary

Comment

Thanks Gary...

Great info Gary...

Much appreciated, I might have a bid now.... If only....

Scott

Comment

So not many people knew these existed

"Ben Walker, International Director for Bonhams Collectors’ Motorcycle Department: “A lot of mystery surrounds these motorcycles, as very few people knew that they still existed"

Come on Ben, looks like quite a few people knew about them, greeves246, Sammy Miller, the American dentist & probably most of the Brough Club.

Comment

bidding

Yhea scott i would bid but i own a greeves and drive a bus lol so i will have to use monopoly money way the weathers going i will need the monopoly game lol

merry christmas eveyone !

Comment

Artist licence again John, they love to build up the hype

Comment

Working...
                        X