X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's little job....

Just undo a few bolts please...
    Attached Files

brian it looks very much like the 1860 10 inch bore v twin steam engine that i am rebuilding for the musuem of the broads up here in norfock, with luck i will have it fired up next year , will.

Comment

Ours is a half-size copy of Blanche that runs on the Ffestiniog Railway (I think without checking) So instead of 2 ft gauge, it's only 12 inches. Still needs inspecting every year though! Nice to have it, although it cost muchly to run on red diesel! No coal allowed in the woods, I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
        Ours is a half-size copy of Blanche that runs on the Ffestiniog Railway (I think without checking) So instead of 2 ft gauge, it's only 12 inches. Still needs inspecting every year though! Nice to have it, although it cost muchly to run on red diesel! No coal allowed in the woods, I'm afraid.
        Can you not run it on a mixture of waste oil & diesel like the full size one?

Comment

I think most of the Welsh Narrow Gauge locos are back on coal now, due to the cost of diesel fuel, even at red prices. The acquisition, storage and dispensing problems associated with used oil would be far too problematical to contemplate. It uses about 5 times as much as our diesel-engined locos, i.e. about 100 litres per day of running, and that's covering about 20 miles.

Comment

brian its got to be welsh steam coal for the v twin as we already run a 28ft launch with a quadruple expansion simson strickland engine so if any gra members want a trip on the broads let me know,i must be a bit mad , riding a greeves triaks outfit and spending most of my time keeping old steam engines running, .

Comment

I get seasick....

Comment

Working...
              X