A Royal Enfield for Rob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Royal Enfield for Rob

Saw this Deeprose Bros RE Turbo Twin at VMCC concours day at Barton, Cambs on Sunday.
    Its apparently (& Rob will know this) a Deeprose Bros Turbo Twin Cafe Racer built in 1964. Apparently Deeprose modified the standard Turbo Twin with rear sets, alloy guards, racing (fibreglass) tank etc. & also chromed the toolbox, swinging arm inlet manifold & other bits. It has recently been totally restored by a local RE enthusiast, the only non standard parts (to be seen) are the Armours exhausts which do not look out of place, in fact they have a nice rasp to them, the owner say it goes well. It is not known if Deeprose modified the 4T but from the outside it looks standard with S25 carb.

Last edited by John Wakefield; 01/09/2014, 02:44 PM.

Call me sad but I've got an original Deeprose catalogue somewhere. I'll look the bike up if I can ever find it!

Comment

Deprose

Originally posted by Rob View Post
      Call me sad but I've got an original Deeprose catalogue somewhere. I'll look the bike up if I can ever find it!
      Motorcycle 'Maniacs' did a road test of a tuned Deeprose Turbo Twin in July 1964
      copy for sale on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Deeprose-E...item51c1fc49ad
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 01/09/2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Looks good! Kind of helps you understand why the 25DCX didn't sell.

Mind you it would look better without the chequered fork legs...
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Would be interested so see a road test of Deeprose Enfield. Would be interesting to see how that compared with the 4T engined Essex & EC.
          Interestingly there was also a 4T engined Francis Barnett Cruiser 89 at the same event, they are quite rare as well.
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 01/09/2014, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Royal Enfield

The dealer was called Deeprose. Brother,s located at Brownhill Rd Catford a very popular place to visit in the sixties...john P.

Comment

Working...
            X