Ready for South America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready for South America

A picture of my Triumph that will arrive in Argentina on 4th July ready for a 6 week journey through Argentina, Chile, Peru, Ecuador and shipping out of Bogota in Colombia. Loved to have taken the 'grumph' but I think a few short routes at home are best first.

good luck

Good luck Tony.

Comment

Ready for South America

Good luck. A once in a lifetime trip,ride safe. Mick.

Comment

Now that's the Triumph that David Beckham should have chosen for his trip to the Amazon.

Comment

Atacama desert

Having collected our bikes from BA airport we had to change routes due to flooding and head towards Santiago. Very cold riding, though heated jacket is great. We crossed into Chile without a hitch, the pass was covered in snow but thankfully the road was dry. We headed towards San Pederosa de Atacama which is the driest non polar desert - apparently. Although it is winter midday it is 33C+ and early morning can drop in parts to -14C. The picture of me is having swm in the coldest water I have ever known, I thought the sun might have raised the temperature, not at all.

The bike has been brilliant so far and if anyone is in any doubt as to whether you can haul a 220kg bike over a stone/sand/rock road for 50 km - you can. We took a road that was just supposed to be unpaved but turn out to be a trials course. Whack the revs and let it power on seems to be the best way - bit scary at times though.

Leaving San Pedrosa de Atacama tomorrow riding towards the Pacific coast to Tocopilla and on to Arica and the border with Peru.

Comment

Working...
          X