Not a Greeves but what is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a Greeves but what is it?

I have always assumed this to be a Cotton, mainly due to paint colour! But I can not find a name or model, has any body any ideas, someone once mentioned it might be a DMW. Has anybody any ideas please? It has a very made in a factory look to the exhaust and airbox.
    Attached Files

I think you are correct with DMW, as it looks almost identical to Dave Godley's one which I saw at Stebbing yesterday, except...this looks single downtube, whereas the bike at Stebbing is duplex.
    Last edited by Brian Catt; 06/05/2014, 10:54 PM.

Comment

The frame looks identical to my 1968 Cotton Trials but with the footpeg mounts removed. The light blue colour of the frame is the same as used by Cotton (my Cotton shown in the attached photo has been repainted a darker blue but has the original light blue paint underneath). Paul
      Attached Files

Comment

Not a Greeves but what is it

I think it is a Cotton Cossack .There is a photo of one in Don Morleys Classic British Scramblers page 80 .The frame look identical as does the air box.
        It has the Starmaker engine with the narrowfin barrel.Hope this helps
        Simon
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by trialrider17 View Post
          I think it is a Cotton Cossack .There is a photo of one in Don Morleys Classic British Scramblers page 80 .The frame look identical as does the air box.
          It has the Starmaker engine with the narrowfin barrel.Hope this helps
          Simon
          That the bike, thanks very much, I read the book many years ago but don't have a copy of my own.

Comment

Working...
          X