No announcement yet.

Bikes other than Greeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bike that left me addicted to Greeves. The fastest, most powerful bike I have ever ridden.
    Well it felt that way when I was 11 years old
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi griffon380, I`m sure I saw your latest project at Spike island motorcycles when I picked up my Yam 175IT,
      Simon

Comment

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
        First bike when I was nine years old. Not the one but same model. Took a long time to find one.
        Craig....what a first bike.... an outright power beast compared to my first machine!..........a raleigh runabout....... in full motocross trim of course ( headlight removed )....
        But, i can redeem myself by having a hawkstone as my 2nd bike & very lucky i was to....thanks dad..

Comment

Originally posted by trialrider17 View Post
          Hi griffon380, I`m sure I saw your latest project at Spike island motorcycles when I picked up my Yam 175IT,
          Simon
          Please tell me it looked OK
          I haven't seen it yet ??

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
            Craig....what a first bike.... an outright power beast compared to my first machine!..........a raleigh runabout....... in full motocross trim of course ( headlight removed )....
            But, i can redeem myself by having a hawkstone as my 2nd bike & very lucky i was to....thanks dad..
            Hi Dave. Just like my first bike Honda C110. Only I kept mine in ISDT trim with headlight still on.

Comment

Craig I did not get a good look it was at the back of shop but it looked complete I notice the unusual seat.The owner of the shop told me he had a chat with Terry Weedy (Avery Products) just down the road and those BSA engines are fetching about £3000 before any work on them.
              Simon

Comment

I thought it was compulsory to start with a Francis Barnett...

(Well I did anyway).
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by trialrider17 View Post
                  Craig I did not get a good look it was at the back of shop but it looked complete I notice the unusual seat.The owner of the shop told me he had a chat with Terry Weedy (Avery Products) just down the road and those BSA engines are fetching about £3000 before any work on them.
                  Simon
                  Thanks Simon,
                  Looking forward to getting my hands on it.
                  Sticking to Racing the Greeves's but I need something to work at as all three are running like clockwork. (we all know what happens now)

By the way Colin, whats a Francis Barthormalo ????

Comment

Not quite sure what you mean about the Francis Barthormalo. I expect I'm missing something - 'cos I'm a bit thick..

Anyway, I thought you might like to see my grandson Phoenix' latest acquisition. It's a KTM RC390 - single cylinder four-stroke, and it is (reputedly) low enough power for his licence (he's just 20). However, having had a go on it, I can say that it is so light that it is actually pretty quick.

My Scott is in the picture because we swapped bikes. Phoenix got on fine with it and thought it was great.
                    Attached Files
                    Colin Sparrow

Comment

• Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
                      Not quite sure what you mean about the Francis Barthormalo. I expect I'm missing something - 'cos I'm a bit thick..

Anyway, I thought you might like to see my grandson Phoenix' latest acquisition. It's a KTM RC390 - single cylinder four-stroke, and it is (reputedly) low enough power for his licence (he's just 20). However, having had a go on it, I can say that it is so light that it is actually pretty quick.

My Scott is in the picture because we swapped bikes. Phoenix got on fine with it and thought it was great.
                      Hi Colin, just joking.
                      The photo is fantastic, the Scott really was years ahead of its time.

Comment

• Let's get back to 2-Strokes

A great little promotional film from MZ, 22mins with much competition footage.. enjoy!

http://youtu.be/wittLRztg_k

Comment

• What a great thread......!!

Just read back through this brilliant thread and thought it could be one well worth reviving. I know for a fact that Tony has one, maybe more pics he really ought to share on here.....

It's clear that everyone had a lot of fun posting their pics, both new and old, and as well as sharing some hugely enjoyable banter and great stories we all got to see some pretty cool machinery, of all persuasions.....great fun!

11,493 views says it all......and loads of members joining in and enjoying themselves.....

Why can't we have more threads like this these days.....about Greeves too, of course......

Brian.
                          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 06/08/2018, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• Great thread

Ain't it just! Some good memories there. well done Brian!

Let's get ourselves up to date - I'll get snapping...
                            Colin Sparrow

Comment

• .....and 115 more 'views' and one post since mine yesterday.....

Brian.

Comment

• Tiger cub

My very first bike was a Tiger cub. I never got this one going however managed to sell it for a profit to buy another one. I had forgotten about this photo however it turned up at college on my leaving do last month (yes I am at that age . Brian has already seen this photo and was particularly keen to know where he could get his hair styled like mine .

I still have a Triumph T100C and Mike Norris and I have something in common, we are both doing up Rangers and both doing up Triumph 500's - Mike's a Daytona.
                                I was going to sell mine but have decided to keep it- for a while - it's the engine Greeves should have had (like my Grumph).

Comment

Working...
                                X