Puissant frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puissant frames

Has anyone any info or details on Puissant scrambles frames? A Facebook contact has acquired one that appears to have a big shield replacing a part of the duplex tubing on the right side of the frame, as if modified, or even made originally, to fit a Challenger gearbox.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Catt; 23/02/2014, 10:49 PM. Reason: add 2nd pic

metisse copy

hi Brian ! the frame originaly was made for triumph 500 twins unit according to father
    they were a Metisse copy looked same but fiber glass was diffrent around the
    shock top bolt

last one i seen was was at CAMELFORD BIKE BITS cornwall

gary

Comment

Gary, my first thought was Triumph, but he has a pic of one that has oil in frame, but this hasn't. VMX magazine list a 360cc test in 1966, so was that a Greeves engine?

Comment

John Harding had one at Telford with A Sprite/ Husky engine. I did not ask a price or any details.

Comment

pussant

might well be right brian i think like most at a guess they struggled like sprite and made frames for all

i always facied a TM400R IN A CHENY FRAME ! MY FRIEND IN L.A FOUND ONE OF THREE !!!! CHENEY DUCATI MX BIKES !

Comment

I think a Cheney-Ducati is being rebuilt at present, see the Cheney Twinshock page on Facebook.

Comment

Cheny

My friend found it on the florida coast then shipped to L.A he had it on his ramp when i collected my TM400 CYCLONE 1971 (i like the raw powerband of the suzuki) i do have VIC EASTWOODS CCM 1977 HERE and GREG HANSONS BEAMISH 500RM SPECIAL

Comment

Working...
              X