• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festival of 1000 Bikes

See that 2014 Festival has been cancelled. Pity. Dogsbody

For what reason?

Comment

VMCC are citing the uncertainty over the use of Mallory Park. I reckon there's more to it than that as there's strange goings on at the top of the VMCC again, unfortunately. Typifies what can happen when an organisation gets too big I'm afraid. The 1000 bikes was never my cup of tea and I often wondered what much of it had to do with vintage motorcycling, but I know some folk enjoyed it.

Comment

here
        The Vintage Motor Cycle Club (VMCC) has been forced to cancel the 2014 running of the Festival of 1000 Bikes following the months of speculation and turmoil at Mallory Park racing circuit which has only recently been resolved. Mallory Park was eventually placed into administration in late 2013 and it was only later that new operators Real Motor Sport Ltd took over the running of the track but the months lost over the winter has left the VMCC unsure it had enough to get the event organised. The Festival of 1000 Bikes has been hugely popular in recent years and has attracted big crowds and some of the most famous names in motorcycling such as Giacomo Agostini, Phil Read, Barry Sheene, Carl Fogarty, Kevin Schwantz, Freddie Spencer and Kenny Roberts Senior. The VMCC is saying it hopes the event can return to Mallory Park in 2015. The VMCC press release states: “It is with great reluctance that the Management of the Vintage Motor Cycle Club Limited announce that the Festival of 1000 Bikes™

Dogsbody

Comment

Working...
        X