Trying to find a photo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find a photo.

This is aimed at our well-read members....with a historical research background.
    I have been in contact with a Russian lady.....It's OK, she works in PR for MX, Speedway and Ice Racing in Ufa, in the center of Russia, about 2750 miles from here, not too local then!
    I recently sent her a pic of a Russian Motocross badge I swapped with a rider at an ISDT back in the late 60's. She immediately replied with the question who gave it to me? I told her the rider was from a Russian Team who had his wife with him and he spoke good English. She then replied that her father spoke to many people during events, and often took his wife with him.
    I believe the rider was photographed at the time with my pal Trevor Hunt from Hereford. Trevor is immediately recognisable by his having ginger hair and a full handlebar mustache. Trevor wore a woolly hat with about 100 badges on it So I'm trying to find this photo, in case it does depict Irina's late father and possibly her mother as well.
    A reference pic (poor) is available of Trevor (back view) taken in 68 at the ISDT.
    Pics of Irina are available via her page on Facebook (Irina Gorkova).
    Thanks for your attention. Brian.
    Last edited by Brian Catt; 18/10/2012, 11:58 AM.
Working...
X