help in finding m/c engineer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help in finding m/c engineer.

Trying to locate a chap called steve jones, he is a motorcyle engineer, that does barrel mods for b25`s etc.
    The only info i have is that he is based in the west brom area, has a lot to do with ajs on the four stroke side & bsa bantams.
    He had a stall at this years bb bonanza & i took his details, but lost them..., any body no who i am on about, i have tried endless searches on the net prehaps i have the wrong name, or the wrong variation of it.

Dave Ithink this is the guy you want http://progressiveclassicproducts.co.uk/engines.html

Comment

Well, i take my hat off to you john, very many thanks, thats the guy alright. dave.

Comment

I have been trying to locate this chap, as he does some very good bsa b25 250-320 barrel conversions, at a very reasonable price.
        Unfortunately, as is my luck, i have got there to late!, as on contacting him, i was to find that his machining engineer has passed away.
        Anyone one else wanting anything of the same nature, will have to wait at least 3 mths, whilst the chap, can find alternative avenues. dave.

Comment

Hi Dave
          about sixteen months ago I asked Steve Jones to make an exhaust pipe for my Hawkstone, apparently he makes the exhausts for modern DOT trials replicas. Since sending him details he has contacted me once but still no exhaust. I have given up on him now and fortunately I did not pay any deposit.
          Regards
          John A - 268

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
            I have been trying to locate this chap, as he does some very good bsa b25 250-320 barrel conversions, at a very reasonable price.
            Unfortunately, as is my luck, i have got there to late!, as on contacting him, i was to find that his machining engineer has passed away.
            Anyone one else wanting anything of the same nature, will have to wait at least 3 mths, whilst the chap, can find alternative avenues. dave.
            Bad luck Dave, but why does Steve Jones leave his web site live as he must get lots of enquiries for parts he cant supply. At the very least he needs to put a message up as to what he can/cannot supply.

Comment

John, speaking to him, he did not seem that enthusiastic, but that could have been, because he knew he coudn`t help me.
              Great shame, because i have seen his kits & they were well priced, but i will give him a ring later, & see if anything has changed.
              Johnboy, how are you, after your op, hope to see you back in action, next year. dave.

Comment

Working...
              X