Oil tank etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil tank etc?

As work progresses I'm starting to think about some of the details on my project. A couple of things - what oil tank are people using (I can't afford a custom made alloy job) and where have people mounted coils etc? I'm looking at Tiger Cub and C15 tanks although the former are quite small capacity. Maybe not a problem for me as I won't be doing huge distances. I plan a minimal electrical system - full wave rectifier and Zener diode with a small battery and no lights. I'm thinking of the coils below the front of the tank ? la Norton Commando or maybe on the left side opposite the oil tank where I'll be putting the rest of the elctrics. Most of the pictures I've seen have not been very clear on this aspect.

Ian

The Bantam Cub, or Super Cub is well worth consideration. A good capacity and easily adapted to suit your particular set up. A further advantage is that you could of course consider using the matching side panel for electrics, battery, etc. i can show you an example of a bantam cub tank when you call by later in the month.

Comment

Many thanks Phil. I've been keeping an eye on ebay and there are quite a few Cub tanks coming up but not, as far as I've seen, Bantam Cub parts although of course the sellers may not know what they have. I look forward to meeting you and seeing what you suggest.

Comment

I changed mine to Bantam cub and put the exhaust on the inside of the left hand panel so no chance of burning my leg if it fell on me. The silencer is stainless steel - made by a guy up North who wanted to see if it was viable to make them - they weren't, so sold it cheap to me - a one off

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0760.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	472.6 KB
ID:	94597 I

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0759.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	476.8 KB
ID:	94598

Comment

That looks good Tony - what's the left side panel from? I've taken the plunge and gone for a Bantam Cub from ebay. Phil kindly showed me one when I met him last week and it looks like a good option.

Comment

It is the complete set, left panel, centre and oil tank

Comment

Working...
            X