Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No need to close your chat room, as this is my final post!

Seems a shame though that poorly conceived and constructed death trap specials, and Greeves fuel tanks which melt when they come into contact with pump fuels, are not things that can be discussed objectively and freely on here.

Comment

Trident - A reply from Andrew

Hello John
      There has not been much progress really since the last article I have been rather busy running the bike shop I gave up my full time job over 3 years ago now and the bikes just keep coming although on a recent holiday in Portugal I saw a rather nice Trident and started thinking about my own project again
      I am trying to devote some time to it on a weekly basis I have a oil tank made up just need the fittings then some more bits to triangulate the frame I will do another article when there has been a significant amount of progress don’t worry its not been forgotten or unfinished too many people have told me it cant be done so I have to finish it don’t I
      Thanks for the interest
      Andy
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 14/11/2010, 10:35 PM.

Comment

The Trident Greeves Thread - A Postscript.

Being as I started this thread I thought I'd pick up on Norm's 'last post' (cue bugles etc), and in case he comes back to read this (Hi Norm, by the way!).....

Quote 1.) "No need to close your chat room, as this is my final post!"

No no no Norm...., what Colin actually said was, "If the forum starts to turn nasty either those responsible or even the forum itself will be shut down." Can you see the difference there?

Quote 2.) "Seems a shame though that poorly conceived and constructed death trap specials, and Greeves fuel tanks which melt when they come into contact with pump fuels, are not things that can be discussed objectively and freely on here."

Mmmmm...."poorly conceived and constructed death trap specials".....So, is that a fact or a subjective opinion, objectively and freely speaking? No, wait, don't answer that....I haven't got time at the moment as I'm right in the middle of knitting some yoghurt.

As for melting fuel tanks....I'm sure that you're not the only manufacturer looking into this at the moment, but thanks anyway for all the info on long chain polymers etc.

Before you 'signed off' this morning, I noted with interest that you were busily editing some of your posts and removing text, replacing some of them with the rather strange '12345678910' "code language"...(must be a 'Facebook' thing or summat...), which is why I decided to save you the trouble and just deleted them for you. Hope that's ok?

End of.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sincerely hope this is the last time we have something unfortunate like this to deal with on the forum. A heck of a lot of time and effort has gone into setting it up for the benefit of GRA members (GUESTS on here please take note!!!), and Colin was completely right in what he said. So lets keep it fun, constructive, positive, happy, interesting, entertaining, useful, relevant, worthwhile, helpful, supportive, objective and subjective...ok?!

To end this sorry episode on a positive....at least the 'beast' is still out there and Andrew has plans to see it through to completion, so nice one!

Let's leave it there for now folks, shall we....

The End.

Brian.

Comment

you all could be wrong

i have been in the local trials scene for lots of years i have came across a trials bike with its engine sprocket below the centre line of the swining arm it had two sprockest that rotated around the swing arm one gets driven from the gearbox sprocket the other takes the drive to the rear wheel this keeps a constant tension on both chains so hence a theory as to ths project working this idea was tried and tested by Brian Trott from south Devon .

Comment

Thread Closed.

Ok Geoff, fair point and all that, but don't really see where it takes us mate.

I meant what I said. End of.

This thread is now closed.

Brian.

Comment

Working...
            X