Tigercub Grumph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigercub Grumph

This Tiger Cub engined 24TFS316 has been posted on FB by Robbie Davy of Carsile. Bit of a barn find with lots of non Greeves parts, not sure what he intends to do with it
    Attached Files

Looks like something nasty has happened to the beam...
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
      Looks like something nasty has happened to the beam...
      Is that really a chunk out of the beam adjacent to bottom steering head bearing?
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image_7926.jpg Views:	1 Size:	9.0 KB ID:	73288
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 22/12/2018, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Now for sale for £700...... caveat emptor!

Comment

No close up if the damaged alloy beam, but I suppose the other bits and engine are worth £700 but thats only a starting price maybe a reserve

Comment

Looks to be a cable and no damage to me but be nice to have a close up

Comment

There is a cable there Gary, but just to the tank side of it is what looks like, as Colin & John pointed out, a chunk out of the beam, rather like the beam had completely snapped, and been only partially welded. If you download the picture off the FB page, you can zoom in and have a look. It has had a hard life, that is for sure.
              John. I doubt there is a reserve, as the vendor said on FB he wants £700 for it. However, we know what can happen on ebay!

Comment

Has someone been at work with glassfibre and filler ??

Comment

A little economical with the photo that would show the beam, with no returns probably relying on 'catching' someone.

Comment

Here is a close up pic of the alloy beam sent by seller, looks OK except for fork stop added which required an additional hole drilling, but I think the Anglians had this anyway
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (1).jpg
Views:	120
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	73428

Comment

Back on eBay in Lancaster, now less the engine https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1965-GREE...:g:EW0AAOSwuA9
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (1).jpg
Views:	123
Size:	438.4 KB
ID:	73773

Comment

Working...
                      X