Triumph Greeves Roadracer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph Greeves Roadracer.

Whilst looking through my Greeves stuff for interesting material to post, I remembered this period pic I have of a nice Triumph Greeves roadracer. Viewers may recognise it as being the same one as published in the Carrick/Walker Greeves book, but interestingly this is a copy of the original photograph sent to me a few years ago by a friend and longstanding member of the TMOCC.

Mick Walker and Rob Carrick cite the engine as being a T100A in the caption printed in the book, which also confirms the info my friend gave me, that the pic was taken at the Wirral 100 Club's New Brighton road races in 1966. Note the 'homemade' combined fuel and oil tank and Norton Dominator front brake.

Interesting bike this. Does anyone know any more about it, i.e. who built it, or anyting on it's later history etc? Is it still around I wonder...? Be great to hear more about it if anyone does...!

Brian.
    Attached Files

T-G Racer

Brian

The road racer variants are pretty rare. I know of only one other up North. Perhaps the membership and those beyond will shed some light.

Phil

Comment

I thought that was the case Phil, and this one is certainly the only one I've ever seen.

Interesting solution to the oil tank issue! And to think the modern lads moan about heat problems from their underseat exhaust pipes....!

Brian.

Comment

Working...
      X