Rear Wolfman rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Wolfman rack

The rack that was bought for £10.00 has now been completed to take the Wolfman soft bags.
    The oval hoops were sent by them as the did not have a standard set of racks
    for a Grumph. The silencer fits neatly between the rack and the frame and I could put an extra fuel cell on the other side.
    I have stuck to the late 60s/70s Lucas indicators as they look the part and are easily replaced when broken.

Hi Tony, it looks nice and neat. I was wondering how it is being supported. How is the weight being transferred to the frame - rear shock top mounts I suspect, and through the rear sub frame. Will it be strong enough! Regards Mike

Comment

Pannier strength

Yes Mike it is bolted to the top of the shocks and along the subframe
      the rack is a good strong construction and with the additional struts that Go diagonally down to the base of the side tubes of the frame and loop at the rear behind the number plate it should be strong enough. One reason for soft luggage as opposed to rigid panniers was to keep the load light. I guess this will also encourage me not to carry too much which I like most people often do.
      Last edited by tony; 09/08/2012, 11:22 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Comment

Working...
      X