1968 ISDT 250 For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968 ISDT 250 For Sale

For (reluctant!) Sale my ex |British Team ISDT bike ridden in '68&69 by John Pease, in original condition not restored or b******* about. Full working order new tyres etc. I want this bike to go to someone who will ride it and show it, not to a museum or to be "restored".Only for sale as I cannot see properly, so for your sake have given up riding and driving. Give me a ring for full details Peter Greig 07711188995 West Yorks. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190919_185836.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	574.7 KB
ID:	97999 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190919_185836.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	574.7 KB
ID:	98000

UPA23F one of the Comerfords prepared Challenger 2's It was later ridden in the 1971 Welsh 2 Day Trial by Chris Norton (No73)

Comment

Have sent you a Private Message, Peter.

Comment

Quite right John, but where did he finish? Chris did 27 Welsh 2 days. I got the bike from him.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterJGreig View Post
          Quite right John, but where did he finish? Chris did 27 Welsh 2 days. I got the bike from him.
          Sorry I dont have the results for 1971 Welsh, I started in 1972 and rode all years up to and including 1979 on 250 Bultaco, 125 Saracen 125 Rickman and Yamaha XT500. I have programmes and results for these years. Looking in programmes Chris Norton entered as follows:
          1972 No36 125 Bultaco/Yamaha - retired
          1974 No 176 500 Cheney/BSA not in results so may have been a non starter, or retired
          1977 No56 125 Honda I dont have results for this event
          1978 No47 125 Honda looks like a non starter as not in results.

So looks like his last outing on the Greeves was 1971
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 20/02/2024, 12:37 PM.

Comment

The Yamataco 125 twin Yamaha engine in a Bultaco frame was an interesting idea, I helped Chris build it, I rode four times in the 70's on a DT175 Yamaha, still got it and it also will be up for sale shortly.

Comment

John Runnacles cant see a pm rither itd got lost or I am doing it wrong.....

Comment

Have checked and looks like there are two "Peter Greig"s on here, Peter. Apologies if I addressed it to the wrong one. Will re-send to you
                Last edited by johnrunnacles; 21/02/2024, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Two ! If there is another please say hello, more likely I ha a computer die and had to rejoin the forum, maybe still a memory of that.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterJGreig View Post
                    Two ! If there is another please say hello, more likely I ha a computer die and had to rejoin the forum, maybe still a memory of that.
                    Hi Peter, that seems to be the case - I've just upgraded your current status to 'GRA Member' so you can use the 'Member Only' sections.

Comment

Will you also be deleting that other "Peter Greig", Andy?

Comment

If I delete the original, I'm unsure what will happen to Peter's many previous posts!

Comment

Is there a way of merging the two, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
                            Is there a way of merging the two, perhaps?
                            It's not something I've tried, until now, so there's a first time for everything - if Peter has problems - sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post

It's not something I've tried, until now, so there's a first time for everything - if Peter has problems - sorry!
                              Looks to have gone OK Andy looks like all Peters posts are still live now under his PeterJGreig name

Comment

Working...
                              X