Forgotten pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgotten pics

Can anyone date or identify the bike in these photos? I got them some years ago by a round-about source, but I believe they came from the American "Craig's List". I tried to follow-up the link on the advert, but have had no reply.
    Attached Files

Web links to other sites that could be of use to Greeves owners and enthusiasts, such as parts suppliers or personal websites.

http://www.kivas.com/greeves/contrib/contrib.html .....3rd pic down...
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 20/06/2014, 11:09 PM.

Comment

ISDT Greeves / Mike Browne

Looks like owner Mike Browne (and the bike) are in California USA http://www.cubsite.com/cubforum/memb...er=Mike+Browne
      So presumably one of the 24 IN *** ISDT replicas that were sold out there.
      I wonder if Mike Browne was the 'Craigs List' seller or if he bought it from there. Maybe one of our stateside members know of him & the bike & whats happened to it.
      Could this be the Mike Browne in question a Californian speedway rider http://www.speedwaybikes.com/rw/umike_br.htm
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 21/06/2014, 09:34 AM. Reason: link to Mike Browne

Comment

ISDT Greeves / Mike Browne

From the links Brian has put up it looks like Mike Brown may be the current owner. I have emailed Mike to see if he still has the bike & if so invited him to come on board here & tell us a bit more about it, I am sure some of our members could help him with bits, advice etc. Never know we may gain another member.
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 21/06/2014, 09:36 AM. Reason: change in text

Comment

The email has bounced so the email address given mbrowne@dragbike.com is no longer valid. The other email listed in his profile mikeb@teleset.co is also not valid.
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 21/06/2014, 09:43 AM. Reason: extra text

Comment

I had the same problem some years ago when I first found these pics.

Comment

Have also tried to email the web site owner Trevor Hanna at
              tal@kivas.com but that email address is dead as well. Strange

Comment

a slight change

brian i cant help with the bike but can anyone tell me what the exhaust is as the 150/ 197 greeves i am rebuilding has the same type if i have put this in the wrong bit i apolgise, will.

Comment

No problem, but it shows that parts were borrowed across the range to make "special builds" like ISDT bikes.

Comment

The bike in the pics I understand is now in the ownership of our USA member Kenny, maybe he will come on board & bring us up to speed on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X