ISDT Challenger photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISDT Challenger photos

I came across this excellent blog written by Piet Boonstra that features a couple of photos of a ISDT Greeves Challenger ridden by Dave Latham in the US Berkshire ISDT qualifier in 69-70. The blog is about the US east coast enduro scene in the 1960's and can be found at http://pietboonstra.blogspot.co.uk/2...1_archive.html
    Attached Files

That 125 Harley Davidson 'Hummer' looks remarkably like the BSA Bantam.

Comment

They should do as they were both based on the DKW, along with many others.

Comment

This is NOT Maria MacDonald!!!!

Originally posted by pgc40 View Post
        I came across this excellent blog written by Piet Boonstra that features a couple of photos of a ISDT Greeves Challenger ridden by Dave Latham in the US Berkshire ISDT qualifier in 69-70. The blog is about the US east coast enduro scene in the 1960's and can be found at http://pietboonstra.blogspot.co.uk/2...1_archive.html
        Hi Paul,

Great to swap a few lines with you again. Seasons greetings and hope all is well with you and yours.

Funnily enough, I too dropped onto this blog when I was searching for pics of 'old bikes in the snow' (what I typed in, or something similar) as potential subjects for this years (infamous!) festive caption competition.

As you say, it's really good stuff isn't it, and I've attached my own personal favourite pic.

What a sporting lass, and why can't WE have marshalls/observers like that at our events.....

Brian T.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 28/12/2013, 03:03 PM. Reason: Can't read...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Female marshals

Thommo,
          Before the litigation starts I think you ought to study the photo captions more closely.

The young lady pictured was apparently from a nudist colony on the enduro route drafted in to help out - it's NOT Maria Mcdonald.

Druid

Comment

Whoops!!!!!

Thanks JC!!!!

Phew, that was a close one....

I will edit my post immediately, and give myself a thorough drubbing while I'm at it!

Twonker.

Comment

Well the rider doesn`t seem to mind, thats the third time he`s been round...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                Hi Paul,

Great to swap a few lines with you again. Seasons greetings and hope all is well with you and yours.

Funnily enough, I too dropped onto this blog when I was searching for pics of 'old bikes in the snow' (what I typed in, or something similar) as potential subjects for this years (infamous!) festive caption competition.

As you say, it's really good stuff isn't it, and I've attached my own personal favourite pic.

What a sporting lass, and why can't WE have marshalls/observers like that at our events.....

Brian T.
                Where do you get the regs from

Comment

Probably Marcia McDonald, but who's watching....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Doesn't look like Brian's friend Mavis for once!

Not Barbara Windsor is it on the right?

Possibly the making of 'Carry On Thundersley'?

Comment

Ha Ha rob. nice one...
                      I`m not quite sure what the first lady is reaching for! but she`s telling em off! " com`on lads, you know the rules not single file! two abreast only.....

Comment

ISDT Challenger Photos

Look here my dear, i am loosing time with you investigating my punchy card (ouch) now please remove yourself from my clutch leaver:

Comment

Working...
                        X