New pics from the 1962 ISDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pics from the 1962 ISDT

I have just uploaded some Greeves pics from Austria via USA, thanks to Dale Fisher. See the Community section.

Just putting away my research material. I spotted a table of performance by classes. Even way back then, the writing was on the wall for the big bangers.
    By stated class, 52% of the 50cc class gained Gold Medals, 53% of the 100cc class Golded, 40% of the up to 175 class gained Gold, but only 33.8% of the over 175 class got top marks. 3 riders, 2 from the 50cc and 1 from the 100cc class scored 599+ bonus points out of 600, whereas our (GB) best was John Giles on 573.724.
    Retirements for the first 3 classes were around 23 to 25%, but the biggest class is quoted as over 36% going out. 17 Czech riders started, they all won Golds.

Comment

Koo 926

I have just read the latest Leading Link newsletter 167 (Oct 2012) regarding the three ISDT "KOOs" that were campaigned at Germisch in 1962 and the article mentioned KOO 926 which 'seems to have fallen off the radar', however, I remember snapping some photos of a very nicely restored Greeves International at Frank Conley's Greeves Days in 2011 in California. Is this the said works ISDT machine ridden to a gold medal by Brian Sharp??

The frame number is 24 IN 128. I am not sure who owns it but I hope this helps.

Paul
      Attached Files
      Last edited by pgc40; 04/10/2012, 05:40 AM.

Comment

I haven't established the frame numbers of 927 and 928 yet, but I expect 926 would have been sequential to them.

I have had a bit more information about the fate of KOO 926. Apparently it became a scrambler and at one point it received a new alloy beam. May have lost its frame number at that point.

More in Leading Link after a bit more research...
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
        X